Michael Jackson - Another part of me, just a short vocal clip

• TMV World Legacy Member

What do you think about my voice in this short clip?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8384032/2013/2013-01-08%20Another%20part%20of%20me.mp3

I tried to get a fuller sound and lean into the voice harder than usually. With this kind of song it is possible for me since I don't need to support long legato phrases, dynamics and hard vowel changes (something I want to learn really bad though).

I realize I sang this with a bit of Michael Jackson style, pressing hard on the voice, but I'd like to learn to sing like Adam Lambert would do it, with smooth, legato singing and so balanced mixed voice, perfect breathing/support etc. Any tips to get me towards that kind of singing are appreciated, as usual :)

For reference, this is how Adam Lambert sings Michael Jackson:

• TMV World Legacy Member

You have great potential. And I'm sure that with a enough persistence you'll be able to nail this song. But for now it seems like you're putting so much pressure on your voice that it becomes uncomfortable to listen. No offense, but it sounds like someone's strangling you or something. Try singing it a major third or fourth lower than you did here. Keep working on your range, take your time and keep in mind that very, very few male vocalists wil ever be able to sing like Michael Jackson did.