"Vanity Fair", a song by my band, review my singing please!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi guys.

My band has just released a new song, which is in fact a refreshed version of our old one. We've recorded everything from the beginning and enriched it with some additional effects. I would love to hear some feedback.

PHEDORA - VANITY FAIR (2013)

Here's also the old version, if you'd like to make a comparison - PHEDORA - VANITY FAIR (2012)

The 2013 version is realy good. The production is very good, as well the arrangements. Nice listening at all.

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

Icy, give yourself some credit. Whether you are a stellar singer or not, you can review a performance. Why? Because you are also a member of the music-buying public, right? Would you buy this song for your phone or ipod? If it was on the radio, would you keep listening or change the station? True, you might not have all the technical singing terms to over a precise critique. But that's okay. Sometimes the simple "I didn't like this" is something to learn from. A person may have recorded and mixed something the way they liked and it just doesn't do anything for anyone else. Which means they take that advice and go back and re-mix it. I can be brutal about that. I have asked someone who posted a recording recently, "did whoever mix this just absolutely hate singers? I can hardly hear the vocals."

I could probably phrase that differently but at least it gets someone's attention.

So, make whatever comments you can, whether you are an expert or not. Sometimes, I get critiqued by someone who was born AFTER I quit auditioning for bands in the 90's.

It's all good.

Icy, give yourself some credit. Whether you are a stellar singer or not, you can review a performance. Why? Because you are also a member of the music-buying public, right? Would you buy this song for your phone or ipod? If it was on the radio, would you keep listening or change the station? True, you might not have all the technical singing terms to over a precise critique. But that's okay. Sometimes the simple "I didn't like this" is something to learn from. A person may have recorded and mixed something the way they liked and it just doesn't do anything for anyone else. Which means they take that advice and go back and re-mix it. I can be brutal about that. I have asked someone who posted a recording recently, "did whoever mix this just absolutely hate singers? I can hardly hear the vocals."

I could probably phrase that differently but at least it gets someone's attention.

So, make whatever comments you can, whether you are an expert or not. Sometimes, I get critiqued by someone who was born AFTER I quit auditioning for bands in the 90's.

It's all good.

Ok, thanks I will then^^

To the OP: I definitely thought it was awesome, the production was cool. However this is not my style, so I would not buy it.

All that being said, I appreciate artistic endeavor. Someone may post a song here that while I value it artistically, I would not necessarily buy it.That is, it can be neat hearing someone sing a hard rock song from an opera perspective and I would appreciate it and even say "good job," Even though it wouldn't sell two copies in the music-buying public world.

However, when someone does something that I think would sell and that I would buy for my own music collection, I do not hesitate to mention that, along with the limited knowledge I have of the music business, which can be consolidated to very basic words. Get a lawyer and a manager.

Which doesn't mean that my opinion will pan out but I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

:)