Please critique my singing. Many thanks!

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is a short cover of me singing "Terrified" by Katharine McPhee. I know I sounded terrible so wish to have some criticisms to, perhaps, improve. And I'd truthfully like to know if I have a good voice...

Anyway this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgaAu19c6Q4&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks in advance.

You do have a sence of pitch. That's a good thing. Don't be afraid to sing or be heard you will only get better by singing. Singing is tied to emotions. The things that your body does naturally are aspects of singing. Ex. Laughing natually ingages your diaphram and opens your throat, very useful in terms of support. Crying also opens the throat and ingages Twang and a tilted voice box to close the vocal folds and stretch them for higher pitches.

Finding a coach or teacher is very helpful. If you can't afford one ask someone in your church choir or drama teacher at school. they may be able to put you in touch with someone.

Good Luck.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

I wouldn't find a teacher yet.. I'm a teacher and my first advice would be start singing more sing 10 songs a day in a lower key if you can't hit certain notes. But practice speaking them on pitch. Get them perfect feel the rhythm get more comfortable just using your voice not with one song but 10-20 and get them perfect. Singing is really just speaking on pitch with emotion. So if you start to sing higher notes and you notice something is starting to change in your throat don't go for that note find a lower key and build your voice from the ground up.

PLEASE CONTACT DANIEL@YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER@GMAIL.COM
WWW.YOURVOCALTEACHER.COM
WWW.DANIELFORMICAVOCALSTUDIO.COM
www.soundcloud.com/daniel-formicahttps://www.youtube.com/user/danformica
Disclaimer-Anything I write or try to help people with on here are techniques and things that have worked for ME. They are not necessarily" right" or "wrong" but have worked for ME and my 20+ yrs as a professional working
singer.
Thank you

I love your voice. You just need more singing practices and i bet you will sounds great if you sing something like from The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Saosin, Secondhand Serenade and others. I've been trying to imitate voice like yours when i start singing, but now i decide to sing with my natural ugly voice. T_T

Thank you so very much for the comments and advice! I really wish I could go for vocal classes because it's kinda difficult to comprehend verbally. Anyways, I'm still so very grateful for your comments. I'll try to practice as taught in the above. Nice day everyone! :D

Anyway, how do I identify what type of voice do I have? And what suits will suit me? I know that's like the advanced level cause I can't even pronounce vowels properly and stay on pitch but yeah...just wondering....

I'm replying because I'm trying to help people like me who want critiques. A lot of people have viewed but not replied (hmmm?). I will give you an honest review because that's what I'd want. You sing off key mostly but do have a nice voice. So, maybe if you practice more and record yourself singing a lot, then that should help you learn to sing on key.

http://themodernvocalist.punbb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?id=6444