need opinion :: Georgie cover of Park Shin Hye - Pitch-Black

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! :)

I've made a Cover for tvN Flower Boy Next Door contest xD

this is a cover of a korean song that I like!

I added some background vocals to make this song more personal ^-^

I usually sing opera stuff, so it's kinda difficult to me sing this type of song xD my voice sound kinda strange and it has no power an all xD

So I really wanna know how I do improve this "normal" way of singing :)

Thank you all in advance for listening!!! :)

(ps. gonna introduce myself later, now I'm late for university xD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgXj8tm-dnQ

Your voice has no power in this song, but to me the breathy tone suits the style really well and you wouldn't want any for this song in my opinion. If that's what your choosing to do then great. If breathy is all you can do and you're looking to find ways of improving then people here can help too (but I don't think that can be the case as you said you sing opera)

So I would say, great, for this style and song choice, you sang it great :D

Your voice has no power in this song, but to me the breathy tone suits the style really well and you wouldn't want any for this song in my opinion. If that's what your choosing to do then great. If breathy is all you can do and you're looking to find ways of improving then people here can help too (but I don't think that can be the case as you said you sing opera)

So I would say, great, for this style and song choice, you sang it great :D

Thank you for listening!

Yeah, for this song I wanted it to be breathy since it's like that the original song, and the singer sings like that :)

Thanks for the compliment! :)

but I know this doesn't suit every song....

I would really want to know how to improve that my voice doesn't sound childish when I sing "normaly"...cuz when I sing opera it's like a totally different type of voice, very strong and with a nice color and all :)

cuz I want to improve how to sing this song, cuz I really don't like how it sounds xD:

if you can, tell me your opinion about this song too ^-^ thanks~

Your pitch isn't so good on this one, not BAD at all, just you were spot on the the above recording. Slightly flat in places, might be down to breath control, difficult to tell. I would say good volume and doesn't sound like your straining or pushing at all .... massive bonus :D have you got any of your opera stuff we can here. Perhaps you can lend some of the techniques used for opera into this song such as resonance and support?

Your pitch isn't so good on this one, not BAD at all, just you were spot on the the above recording. Slightly flat in places, might be down to breath control, difficult to tell. I would say good volume and doesn't sound like your straining or pushing at all .... massive bonus :D have you got any of your opera stuff we can here. Perhaps you can lend some of the techniques used for opera into this song such as resonance and support?

yeah I know xD I recorded that past midnight so that I don't forget the melody, cuz I made the melody and the lyrics of the song....it's my own song :) because of that I really don't like how it sounds xD

cuz I want to find something in the middle that it doesn't sound too opera, and too much dark voice, and neither childish....

this is a piece of Mozart that I sang on my first solo concert! it's like 6 months old recording, so I improved a lot since then :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szXcMS_owM8

if you can give me some advice bout that, I'll try to record it again this song that I made, so maybe it will be different, since it passed a lot since I recorded that xD

Very nice :)

Take advantage of that posture, you will have to let go of correctness a bit, makes sense?

I dont know how you were instructed, but consider the postures you have as based in a vertical opening, a very round and noble sound, try exchanging vertical for horizontal, exchanging noble for rude/vulgar. Dont overdo of course, but it will sound more popular.

Thing is, what do you want to do? I would not mess with placement alone if you are trainning to sing classical music, cant your teacher give a hand?

Very nice :)

Take advantage of that posture, you will have to let go of correctness a bit, makes sense?

I dont know how you were instructed, but consider the postures you have as based in a vertical opening, a very round and noble sound, try exchanging vertical for horizontal, exchanging noble for rude/vulgar. Dont overdo of course, but it will sound more popular.

Thing is, what do you want to do? I would not mess with placement alone if you are trainning to sing classical music, cant your teacher give a hand?

thanks~

I understood what you want to say! I need to use all I learned in classical music and find a middle way to sing popular music xD

I sing covers for fun, but this song that I wrote, I want to sing it cuz my brother is a music producer, so it's easier to have me as vocalist then other people :) since I can write also lyrics and make melody!

My high school teacher says that I shouldn't mess using this 2 type of singing (classical and popular), but the funny thing is that he sings also popular music in a bend, so...no comment! xD

and my university teacher told me more or less what you told me, but I never had time to do popular music with her, only classical, cuz she wasn't at university often :)

I'll try to record it again, and see how it goes :) I'll post here then so you can give me maybe more advice xD