Do I have any scope as a singer

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have always loved singing but have been reluctant in pursuing it. So It would be really helpful if someone would tell me if I can sing and should I pursue it or not. Please Please..

The song is Need You Now without any backing tracks.

Open to all kinds of responses

Hi Binny,

I listened to your song and the answer to your questions is yes and yes.

Yes, you can sing, and yes, you should pursue it.

Are you a good singer? Not by far.... You'll need lessons and a lot of determination, and it probably will take a few years. But if you are motivated and willing enough, I'm pretty sure you can become a good singer ;)

May I ask how old you are?

Hi dcpronk,

Thank You for taking time to listen and express your opinion. You have given some really encouraging words.

My age, well I am 23 but I know I don't sound mature enough, thats a big problem with me. Any suggestions?

Hi Binny,

As I listened to your voice, I couldn't help thinking of Audrey Hepburn singing Moon River.

You don't need to sound any certain age...even your own. These days, you don't even have to sound "good" really but you do need to be confident in whatever your skill level is. Of course practice. Of course try to improve at every level but in the end...there's a niche for every voice willing to put it out there in song.

There are several "free" vocal exercises and even some decent lessons that can be found on YouTube. Do the work and eventually the rewards will follow. Believe in yourself even when others don't. Follow your desire to sing if that is your passion. Don't seek to be famous yet seek to please your audience with "your" interpretations. Learn your voice and it's limits and capabilities then choose songs that showcase those capabilities.

That's my take...hope it helps

Eric

Around here...there's no such thing as too deep! http://www.youtube.com/user/thepoetician

Hi Binny,

yes, I would have thought you were way younger! But no worries, it's like Basso Profundo said: there's a niche for every voice.

Don't try to sound different other than yourself. Don't change your voice, but change to songs that fit your voice!

I can't think of one in particular this moment, but what came to mind immediately was Minnie Ripperton, Kate Bush...

It's not that important, and I'm gonna quote Basso again: "but you do need to be confident in whatever your skill level is".

And don't start to sing voice you WANT to sing, start with songs you CAN sing.

Hello Eric (Basso Profundo),

Thank You for taking time to share your opinion. You have given me some wonderful advice that I will definitely follow. I will work on my voice as much as I can.

And thanks for the moon river reference, it kinda gives me an idea of how I actually sound cuz its sometimes hard to judge your own voice.

Thanks

Binny

Hi dcprronk,

Thanks for the references, it would help a lot as I have grown up in a small town in India so I never really got the chance to work on the music that I like because of unavailability of training or records here but now I can really think of finding my way through the musical world because of the wonderful thing called internet and networking. And I would try to work on the songs that you have suggested and post later for your valuable opinions.

Thank You

Binny