Please help, and review my high notes!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello there,

I'm new to the forum! I'm an amateur singer/songwriter/musician and I love to sing and perform but my main issue is that I have no idea if i'm doing the right thing at all!

Now here's a sample of one of my songs, which to be honest is stupidly hard for me to sing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vgxms1uc9h9nh4/SINGING%20HELP.mp3

My head voice, or at least what I think is my head voice (on the line "feeling I can't shake" and "look you in the face") sounds funny. I have a bit of tension in my throat, but it almost sounds over compressed. I want to be able to sing in my head in a nice airy tone, as well as a high soulful one!

Any help at all would be amazing, if anyone hears anything I can do that will improve my singing please can you direct me to the exercises that are best for me!

Thanks so much

Steve

This is comparatively good to what other people post up on their first post.

Here is what I would recommend: use more strength in singing, and use more passion as well. Get into it.

If you keep practicing like that, better high notes and tonal quality will come naturally.

Sounds pro to me. A little tensions in the right place is normal. You are buzzing nicely, also. I found that once I started training to get rid of the air in my voice (which is a seruously ling process for me), I have a very hard time with purposfully singing airy notes.

www.drop-head.com