The Last Rose of Summer

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everyone!

I just finished recording my latest assignment "The Last Rose of Summer" used by Friedrich von Flotow in his opera "Martha", which premiered in 1847 in Vienna. We use a neighbor's beautiful garden and gazebo for the filming location.

The song is from a poem by Irish poet Thomas Moore. The poem is alluded to in the Grateful Dead song "Black Muddy River".

www.elenahouseonline.com

I liked it, even though I think your voice is kind of young for this piece. You still made it work well.

You must certainly be the jewel of your family.

I liked it, even though I think your voice is kind of young for this piece. You still made it work well.

You must certainly be the jewel of your family.

Thank you, Ronws. I am an only child and my parents do give me a lot of their time. I just made this for my dad. He's the greatest!

www.elenahouseonline.com

I can't second guess everyone but following from Ron's comment I wonder if people don't really comment on your posts because your voice is so well trained and everything is so well produced with the accompanying videos that it seems that it isn't really that you require critique and just want to share your music with an audience. So not really much advice people can give. Also not everyone is in to classical music.

I think that just sharing on here is fine and it might encourage other classical singers who do need critique to post.

Personally I do enjoy your videos and think that with the voice you have and the support you have at your age then you could have a long and rewarding career.

Now I know you probably don't do requests but perhaps due to the rock orientated audience here you should have a bash at the Queen of the night aria from the Magic Flute - I think that is one piece that even if you aren't an opera fan you have to admire the vocal gymnastics required to sing it!

My teacher picks my songs according to what he is trying to teach me. I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses "Queen of the Night" sometime though.

On another note, I do have a song coming up on my list that the Rockers will enjoy. Sorry, I won't let the cat out of the bag but I'm sure you will like it.

:D

www.elenahouseonline.com

• Administrator

On another note, I do have a song coming up on my list that the Rockers will enjoy. Sorry, I won't let the cat out of the bag but I'm sure you will like it. :D

Waiting patiently :cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"