Adele - Someone Like You (Male Cover)

Rate this topic

Hello, this is my first post despite joining like two years ago :P

I recorded a short acapella of Someone Like You by Adele, any comments/constructive criticism are welcome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ke9KqwF4eQ&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for commenting :) I only record acapella so my clips are mostly very short...I just feel like people would be rather bored of listening to someone sing acapella for too long, haha.

Not many people can pull it off with no music. I even went to YOUTUBE to see if I could find more from you.

If you were looking for advice on something you are having trouble with, one verse and chorus does not give enough info. I did not hear anything lacking.

If you were looking for a "Well Done" and " It sounds great" well.... WELL DONE! IT SOUNDS GREAT! :cool:

Have you had any lessons?

I've never had lessons but two years ago I started doing those speech level singing exercises for a few months, stopped cold turkey, and then started them up again about a month ago. I have minor social anxiety and I'll probably never sing in front of people in real life let alone do public speaking, so it's just a secret hobby of mine.

I used to post short acapella clips on and off since I was about 14 (22 now) on forums and people could pick up pitch problems or lack of emotion right away with no music so I never thought that the length was a problem. I've only had about 40 different people actually bother to comment and give me a range of different opinions over the years so I can honestly say I don't know what to expect, the last time I even posted anything on a forum before this was just over two years ago. My ears used to be pretty bad (my voice is low and I used to sing everything an octave lower without realizing it until a random person pointed it out on one of my recordings) and I know I have improved but I can never trust my own judgment.

I've never had lessons but two years ago I started doing those speech level singing exercises for a few months, stopped cold turkey, and then started them up again about a month ago. I have minor social anxiety and I'll probably never sing in front of people in real life let alone do public speaking, so it's just a secret hobby of mine.

I used to post short acapella clips on and off since I was about 14 (22 now) on forums and people could pick up pitch problems or lack of emotion right away with no music so I never thought that the length was a problem. I've only had about 40 different people actually bother to comment and give me a range of different opinions over the years so I can honestly say I don't know what to expect, the last time I even posted anything on a forum before this was just over two years ago. My ears used to be pretty bad (my voice is low and I used to sing everything an octave lower without realizing it until a random person pointed it out on one of my recordings) and I know I have improved but I can never trust my own judgment.

I have a social anxiety also but when I do go somewhere that I am expected to sing I get up there anyway.

I hate having people around when practicing a song. I usually bow out when someone hears that I sing and wants me do sing something on the spot.

You have way more control than I have. I am more of a folk singer/ story teller.

I would like to here more from you.