#Beautiful - Mariah Carey (Acapella Cover)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new here! I was hoping you could give me some feedback on my acapella cover of #Beautiful.

I really appreciate your time, definitely want to improve in my singing. Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT:Will re-record soon

I'm not familiar with the song, but I think your voice is very good. The only thing I noticed was that you seemed "breathy", and you took breaths maybe when you shouldn't have.

But your tone and pitch seemed very good (again, I'm not familiar with the tune so I can't really speak to wether you were in tune with the original)

I'm not familiar with the song, but I think your voice is very good. The only thing I noticed was that you seemed "breathy", and you took breaths maybe when you shouldn't have.

But your tone and pitch seemed very good (again, I'm not familiar with the tune so I can't really speak to wether you were in tune with the original)

Thanks for taking the time to critique me! :)

I appreciate your feedback! Yeah, I do tend to run out of breath sometimes. Personally, I feel there were some 'ever so slightly' pitchy parts but that's alright - no one is perfect lol. I also feel a lot more comfortable singing in my mid-register so the next step for me would be to sing in a higher register (mixed voice/belting).

For any people out there, feel free to add your comments (or what you'd like to hear more of etc) :)

I have a stupid question - Does Mariah really use the curse word that you used? I don't know this song but I have heard her sing other stuff and she does not, that I know of, us curse words.

Anyway, your singing sounds good, as far as I can hear.

And no, I don't have a problem with curse words. I have invented a few. In fact, I was nearly banned for my use of profanity here, though I cannot find where I used a curse word other than the word hell in "Highway to Hell" or the name of the band, "Damn Yankees." Anyway, I evidently had a problem with profanity that was nearly enough to get me banned from here. So, I am no stranger to profanity. I just didn't know that Mariah would use in a song that is probably sung by many a young person.

Hey there! You make a really good point. Mariah doesn't sing that part, it's Miguel. I think they blurted out the profanity - there's an edited and an explicit version on Youtube.

Btw, thanks for alerting me on the profanity stuff. I'm not the type to use profanity openly, I just loved the song so much that I didn't want to add any editing that would mess up the song lol.

But anyway, I appreciate the feedback. I've never really asked others for feedback so it's quite new for me to be posting on Youtube etc :)

• Administrator

W7,

Kindly re-record your Acapella video, and please read the forum rules regarding profanity.

The forum is open to youngsters, and the profanity is NOT appropriate. Furthermore, in the past, I have received a number of complaints from not only the ladies, but also some of the men as well.

I will leave your video up for 24 hours, but if it is not changed, I will have no choice but to delete the entire post.

Sorry, but it's the rules.....

Regards,

Adolph

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"

What Adolph said. The only time I have used a profane word is when it is in the original lyric and is a word that you might also read in the Bible. That is, if a kid in this forum has been to church, he will not hear from me anything he would not hear in church, regardless of how I might speak privately. This is a private forum and management can enforce the rules they desire, which does not bother me. I was raised to respect someone else's house.

• Administrator

Hi Guys,

I'm new here! I was hoping you could give me some feedback on my acapella cover of #Beautiful.

I really appreciate your time, definitely want to improve in my singing. Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT:Will re-record soon

Thank you for being respectful to ALL the TMV World members, W7 :D:cool:

Adolph C. Namlik
Administrator ~ The Modern Vocalist World
Western N.Y.

Email : chief188@hughes.net
716~257~9606
"My Life's A Stage"