My cover of "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates

• TMV World Legacy Member

I must have overlooked the Foreigner cover the first time around, but just gave it a listen. Really good.

I remember a while back, the issue of versatility in singing came up on the forums, and the question of "what does having a versatile voice even mean?" was raised.

I would say your voice is a good answer to that question. So far, I've heard you cover Journey, Foreigner, and Hall and Oates. In none of the clips does it sound like you made any changes to your style, and it's worked. Nothing sounds contrived, it just fits. It would be interesting to hear you cover a country song. I'd bet the proverbial farm (no pun intended) it would work.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Okay, this one is for Validar and Ron....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/140458649/Live%20Like%20You%20Were%20Dying%20mix.mp3

Keep in mind country is not my forte. I'm less than a casual listener of Country music and it's pretty far from my comfort zone. Please let me know what you think of my attempt, and don't be afraid to let me have it with both barrels (gratuitous Country pun). :)

I'm as "city slicker" as they come, but have always had enough country music fans in my family, that I was exposed to a lot of it. There is a lot I like, and a lot I don't like. Overall, I prefer pre-2000's country music.

But anyway....everything totally clicked in your clip, and I'm not the least bit surprised. Good stuff. You stayed away from spicing it up with a completely feigned accent, which was a smart move. Most singers who take that route usually overdo it to the point of coming across as parody.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

I echo Validar.

Awesome, Bernie. And a really well mixed result, too.

And thanks, Bernie, for doing this song. It means a lot to me and I don't listen to a lot of country these days. I have buried a number of people in my life and I am not done, yet. I have seen my own death and I die, alone, sometime in my mid-80's. Until then, you really do have to follow the credo of this song.

Sorry for being maudlin.

I like your voice in the first song, but I fall in love about your voice in the second! What a Way to sing and feel a country song! really good! nothing to say about it, just enjoy your voice and have a excellent time! thank you so so much to share with us your voice and your gift! :D

• 3 weeks later...