Please take a listen :p

• TMV World Legacy Member

So this time I just went to town on this same piece and tried weird stuff (like whistling halfway through -_-; Gotta hand it to myself though, going from whistling that burst of notes to nailing the straight note in the same take, I think that was cool :D Inwards whistling FTW).

One major thing I learned was how to add distortion and attitude without compromising my "soft" voice. Yay!

Alas, this one is mucho incoherent, and I can't mix or master worth shit. I'm damn well better at being pregnant than mixing -_-; Why ProTools have no automagical "Yeah"-option?

https://soundcloud.com/archdementh/one-might-consume-roadkill

I had 16 vocal tracks (yeah I'm not good at organizing) and just slapped same three effects on all tracks (except something sounded different on "And the less, I want to faaaaall",) I wanted it to sound a bit "floaty" but my mixing ear/knowledge couldn't quite match what I aimed for haha.

All tracks;

Compressor - Vocal Leveler

Delay - 4th note medium mono delay

EQ - Cut Sibilance

Thanks for taking your time to listen :D If you learn ProTools you'll have to mix and master mah stuff! xD

Interesting stuff. Like the high notes that vou sing effortlessly. I am jealous. Lol. Good stuff.

Thanks Keith! :D Keep singing and you will probably just get an "Oh... Was it really that easy?"-moment one day. Basically all technique I've learned has come in the form of "aha"-moments when it's just there... The practice is not in learning the techniques, but in polishing them and making them sound intergrated with the rest of the voice and THAT takes butchering quite a few songs to get to xD

At 1:25 where you say "something about..." the next words that go higher sound a bit weird and also the first belt, at 1:33 sounds pitchy to me but the next at 1:37 sounds spot on. I have not the best ears for pitch so it could be me, is it a chromatic note or something, a pitchy note or hearing problem?

At 1:25 where you say "something about..." the next words that go higher sound a bit weird and also the first belt, at 1:33 sounds pitchy to me but the next at 1:37 sounds spot on. I have not the best ears for pitch so it could be me, is it a chromatic note or something, a pitchy note or hearing problem?

"Somethin, somethin about a peacock feather", there I deliberately flip to falsetto for "artistic purposes" =p

You are're right about the 1:33 note, it's way off. It sucks hard that I'm not hearing that when recording, but the day after when I've restet -_-; It's silly because being that deaf I reckon I should miss far more notes xD

Thanks for listening =)