Post up your rendition of your National Anthem

• TMV World Legacy Member

My National Anthem is "The Start Spangled Banner". I recorded this straight, one take. Absolutely no processing what-so-ever.

I sang this for two reasons.

1. I believe it is one of THE hardest songs to sing, properly.

2. I love my country.

I challenge others here to post up your renditions of your National Anthem. I don't care what country you're from. Just sing it with pride and reverence and give it your best shot.

Please note that this is NOT a political thread. No politics should be discussed here. This is just about music, talent, and pride.

Post up! :)

(and yes, I realize my voice breaks a bit right the end while transitioning to a lower note on "brave". I did not try to correct this on purpose. Just post up your best one-take effort. )

l

Here is my rendition.....hope you enjoy;)

excellent Tinese! :)

I'm a bit of a purist about many things, and singing the SSB is one of my "purity peeves". I generally don't like it when singers add in too much vibrato. And I don't like it when a singer tries to do "their" interpretation of it by adding to many "runs" up and down the scale ( I don't know the technical name for this). However, I liked your version and your voice is clear and powerful in it. Good job! On the performance side of it, while you did add a little "flair" I thought you kept it to a minimum and it still came off to me as a respectful, traditional rendition of the SSB.

My all time favorite rendition of the SSB was Whitney Houston's Super Bowl XXV appearance in 1991. Yes, she "jazzed" it up a bit, but it was just the right amount, and with her incredible power and range it literally brought me to tears.

Awesome Bernie and Tinese.

Just for reference Bernie was singing in Eb and Tinese was in the Key of F.

Now I'm curious... what key is it supposed to be in? I always thought is was supposed to be in Eb (for the military, anyway).

And thank you, btw. :)

Just looked on Youtube and found it in all keys. The key of Eb would put the high note on Bb. the key of F would put the high note on C.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

If I remember, the actual written music, handed down from the estate of Francis Scott Key is key of Eb. Because it was an odd key and a pain to sight-read if you didn't already have the ability, and were nigh on to perfect pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully intend to post my attempt. I have not had a chance to record anything for a few months.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."