Love Hurts Take 2

• TMV World Legacy Member

Snax, if you're singing the vowels Uh, Ih or O in the high part of your voice with medium volume and a very slight "restrained" or "cry" sound in your voice ... then you're singing in what CVT calls curbing and what SLS calls "mix". That's a very brief explanation and note that these are just man-made definitions. But you would still be singing in curbing if you did those things, no matter if you knew about it or not or liked it or not :). In fact, I'd guess that 99% of all curbing singers in the world have no idea that there's a group of crazy Danes (CVT originates from Denmark) that call their style of singing curbing. A bit more people know that some call it "mix", but not really that many :)

Thanks for the info jonpall. Now I understand what curbing is! Now don't ask me to try to understand "metal like neutral". lol

"GIDDYUP!"

Oh yes I will! Metal like neutral or "mln" is just singing with a low volume (kind of like singing a lullaby) but with lots of twang (so the overall volume will increase because of the twang). There is no restrained/hold/cry sound (like in the curbing mode) and there is no "shouty" sound (like in the overdrive mode). Usually, mln is done for very high notes, like above C5. The sound quality is very light but the twang really makes it cut through and sound powerful and piercing. Think Rob Halford's high notes without the grit - that's mln. It's an ideal sound for high metal screams. Hope that helped.