How Deep is your Love - Bee Gees(cover)

• 3 months later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

I really enjoyed this, mvrasseli! I've always thought this song would sound great if it were slowed down or romanticized a little and you nailed it. I love the classical spin you added as well. Is that considered flamenco style guitar or am I mistaken? Your vocals are smooth and soothing. Thanks for the upload!

• 3 weeks later...

Great! Did you do the guitar work also? If so can you give the chord progression? The chords I found searching for tabs are never correct and there are one or two chords I just could not figure out to my satisfaction.

Great job on all points.

The chord that is giving me trouble is on the word "Leave" -- Keep me warm in your love and you softly leave..

I play it in the key of D

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

MDEW, In my recordings I always do all performance and arrangement job. I often just hear the song and play, I usually don't look for chords before play a song. It means that may I can play something wrong tough I have an experienced relative pitch hearing. But listening to the original record from Bee Gees...

... I can tell you the chord in the moment they say "softly leave" is a "C# 7 9", but the tone they play is "Eb Major". As you play in D Major, just like me, the chord you are looking for is "C 7 9" wich the notes in the guitar can be:

1° string- mute

2° string - 3(D4)

3° string - 3(Bb3)

4° string - 2(E3)

5° string - 3(C3)

6° string - mute

I hope I helped you.

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

Thanks..... That helped. I was playing the same chord but I included the G note on the first string.

I also work out the chords myself but sometimes I run into trouble and have to see how other people play the song.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."