More Than Words and The Game of Love

• TMV World Legacy Member

For More Than Words, I decided to use the Westlife arrangement..

More Than Words - https://app.box.com/s/srb9ir04vcwz39ghfvjn

The Game of Love [santana feat. Michelle Branch] - https://app.box.com/s/taag0pdu0ygjaxikj9yv

Any and all feedback welcome and much appreciated.

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

So far, I have only listened to "More than Words." I liked it a lot. And can't help but think of the misery of poor old Gary Cherone. Extreme was a hard rock band. They do this one soft ballad and that is all anyone knows them for. And rather than take the hint that he is really suited for balladic music, he spent the next couple of decades trying to get away from that song. But I think he is willing to do it, these days.

It's a beautiful song and not that easy to do because it is a soft volume song. Ballads like this leave the voice "naked" and you have to be really on your game. And you were, here.

Thanks Ron! This is the only song I know by Extreme, but I'll check out their hard rock stuff for more of an understanding.

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

Also, while you're looking at stuff, look at when Gary Cherone was with Van Halen. A total mismatch of singer and evil genius band. Eddie was directing album production and ruined it for everyone.

I took a listen to More Than Words cause I'm familiar with this song. Your cover version sounds good enough. The problem is the lack of breath support which causes instable vibrato at some points. BTW quiet sound requires very good support to be smooth and stable.

I really liked your cover of More than Words because you are using a thicker voice to sing a very soft song. I think you should pay more attention to the transitions to falsetto as they are creating a very noticeable contrast. You just need to keep practicing. Keep on Rocking! :cool:

Better breath support would mean a cleaner sound (less airy). Other than that, I liked them both.

Also, if you train and keep singing with lots of air in your voice, it will be a hard habit to break. Unless your target sound is airy, you should work on that. Loved the "what would do" section of more than words - that is the perfect spot to sing with that airy soft tone, and you pulled it off nicely!

www.drop-head.com