Kamelot My Confession Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

OMG this song is sooo very difficult to sing. I had a very hard time finding the right weight for the high oarts in the chorus - too heavy made my flip, so it's headvoice (for now) The segway right before the guitar solo was a pain as well. My plan here is to go back and actually practice these Kamelot songs and master them. But, I do not think this one sounds tooo bad the way it is now.

www.drop-head.com

Despite the flips and cracks, I think you are onto something, here. It's one thing to just sing along with the album, it's another to take the lead, yourself. And you will get this.

And weight of your voice or not, I think you voice sounds right on these songs. I would hope that you continue on this path.

Hi Keith,

I also liked your voice. As you said, it's a work in progress, there are some cracking issues and some minor tuning ones too. Also, your voice is way too high compared to the back track. If that's on purpose so we can better analyse your voice, you got it. If not, I would like to hear the song with a better equalization.

What I think it's curious about your voice is that, after G4 (I think) your tone changes, you sound much more breathy, sometimes even harsh. Did you notice that? Maybe that's the key for your cracks. To be true, I think it's not bad to hear that, I even liked it a little bit. But only if that's something natural you have, and also if you could remove it a little bit. Cheers.

I didn't mean for the vocals to be soooo loud, but I did want them louder than normal as to not hide any "glitches" in my singing. My voice changes a bit when I get into mixed voice, the higher notes are all head voice. I could not get the mixed voice to work that high - its a work in process lol. I took 7 months off from singing, and I just started doing workouts again last week.

www.drop-head.com

Well, the lower parts sound very good in my mind. But why do you sing higher notes in a disconnected falsetto mode? A good option is to use a light mixed voice if you cannot pull much chest.

That wasnt falsetto, that was head voice. I can hold those notes forever, using very little air. i can't mix that high yet.I was getting to B4 in a super strong mix before I took a break to concentrate on school work. I think I am at G4 now. I have such a deep heavy voice that its hard to thin out and mix high at the moment. I am, however, trying!

www.drop-head.com

I love your meaty low tone. And I think you will get the higher notes more consistent because your recent work is much more fluid than it was before.

So, to agree with one other, in part, it could be the eq values that could use some tweaking. Because I have heard you sing some of the "passagio" notes a little stronger on your "Drop Dead" album. I think it depends on context, too. Something I learned from "The Art of Singing."

Notes are in context to the notes before and after, the onsets, the intervals, and certainly the vowels required in the lyrics.