In search of honest opinions

• TMV World Legacy Member

I'm nineteen and I started singing when I was sixteen. I thought I was totally tone deaf until I sang as my talent in a pageant. I really wasn't too bad. I've been in singing lessons for two years now and I'm more critical of myself than ever. I love to sing, but if I don't have a future in it I need to know. I love my friends and family, but I need unbiased opinions. I sing almost all country. Please just tell me if I have the potential. If I do I'm willing to put more time in and give it all I've got. Thank you so much in advanced. I know this link won't be awesome because you can barely hear the music and it's from my iPhone while in my room, but it's all I have!

Hey! I liked it :)

It seems that you're on the right track technically. You're vowels are good, and your twang is very balanced. Your AHs ( which I think is the most difficult vowel, at least for me haha ) is very good.

The only thing I'd say, is that in these type of songs, where range is not that demanding or it doesn't have "power runs" or something, haha, you should emphasize a lot more the dymanics. Sing a lot more louder and powerful some words or phrases, and a bit more intimate some others with more "feeling". And exaggerate the twang ( a la Amy Winehouse ) if you like that monkey sound to emphasize a word.

Things like that. Just get creative and feel the song. The more you sing it, the more loose you will feel :3

Keep up the good work!

Xamedhi great comment. Everything what you need to know in 1 comment. Bit power, and a little work on the sound itself. At your start you will want to copy someone but someday you have to find your own style. Try working on the end phrases maybe:P. Great work. ;)