How To Save A Life - The Fray ... still miles away from greatness...

• TMV World Legacy Member

Man this singing thing is hard. I also feel so inconsistent in my performances...

Here's my take on The Fray's How To Save A Life. I know there's plenty of wrong in terms of breathing.. and even pitch-wise I'm sometimes flat and sharp.

So feel free to give your feedback, it's only going to help me get better..!!

Not bad. Pitch is pretty good - this is not an easy song to keep perfect pitch. There are just a few spots in the earlier chorus's where I heard kind of a "swallowed" tone and losing the brightness. I heard some nasality in maybe one or two spots. Possibly losing the breath connection here and there. The last chorus was more consistent. Just keep on practicing and it will get more consistent. Smiling while you sing will keep the cheeks up which will help the brightness and keep you centered on the vowels.

Not bad. Pitch is pretty good - this is not an easy song to keep perfect pitch. There are just a few spots in the earlier chorus's where I heard kind of a "swallowed" tone and losing the brightness. I heard some nasality in maybe one or two spots. Possibly losing the breath connection here and there. The last chorus was more consistent. Just keep on practicing and it will get more consistent. Smiling while you sing will keep the cheeks up which will help the brightness and keep you centered on the vowels.

Thanks man, this will definitely help! I also felt like I was getting better in the end. I feel like maybe my tendency to overthink things while I'm singing makes me nervous and drives me off-track.

It seems to me that I'm much better when I just let go and sing it out.

Thanks again!