"Money Maker" - original rock

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is a work-in-progress mix, as this one is is taking ages to finish... :(

http://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8/money-maker

As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Clint - thanks :)

One benefit of writing and creating original songs, is that you can take them in a direction to suit your own voice, which is what I did here. Cheating maybe?

I'm not totally happy with the vocals, I think I need to rework the high harmony bits, the occasional "Miley's little money maker", as there's something's not not quite right in there. Also we are waiting on real drums to be tracked - on this mix drums are programmed, although they sound ok.

If you point me to one of your songs I'll see if I can add any words of wisdom ;)

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

One benefit of writing and creating original songs, is that you can take them in a direction to suit your own voice, which is what I did here. Cheating maybe?

Not cheating. That is being artistic.

I'm not totally happy with the vocals, I think I need to rework the high harmony bits, the occasional "Miley's little money maker", as there's something's not not quite right in there.

Well, by pointing to mistakes you bring them to the attention of others. Only you know what you want. When you think it's right it will be. When you think it isn't right yet, but others like it. It is still right.

If you point me to one of your songs I'll see if I can add any words of wisdom ;)

Ha ha. There is nothing out there done by me. Not recorded. I never got that far. I had a couple of recordings once but they are long gone. I sang with a band for awhile. Had some vocal instruction (sort of) and I think I did pretty good. Spent many years singing, practicing, singing live. Up until a few months ago. I won't get into it and I'd prefer not to. But I don't sing anymore.

It's all good :)

Spent many years singing, practicing, singing live. Up until a few months ago. I won't get into it and I'd prefer not to. But I don't sing anymore.

It's all good :)

I feel compelled to ask. If you don't sing anymore, is being here part of a desire to get back into it.

Excellent stuff, George. It would be easier to offer criticism if you would do something wrong, at least, once in a while.

Even though the sound is very modern, the lyrics reminded me a bit of Led Zeppelin. Tasty, indeed.