The foreboding sense of impending happiness, HIM

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, I`m from Poland so I decide, to send this song somwhere there, where people speak in this lang. ;) If you can say sth about my accent and pronunciation I will be thankful :)

I listened thru one time only, but overall your accent sounds good. The mix was kind of hard for me to tell and be real sure but towards the end where you were repeating the word "opening", it sounded to me like "openy". The "ing" sound wasn't coming thru.

Yeah-I know that opening. My teacher said, that it would be better to sing everything like "openik", becouse sth with my -ing was tragic ;) As you can hear - it sounds like "openy" ;) Thx :) :)

I was going to say, open-y was a little more phonetically accurate to how an american would sing that. In fact, some americans would drop the ing sound, even when speaking. The spoken and sung version could be openin' up. The other thing that could help with at least american pronunciation is that words ending in s often have a z sound. So, instead of scars or stars, it's scar-z and star-z. I'm not sure if polish has a similar sound, but it is a buzzing sound, rather than a sylibant sound. Not to be confused with the german z, which is pronounced ts. But I think your vowels are really good and you have a clear and beautiful tone to your voice.

Thank you so much and I`m happy, that you like it :D I didn`t know about this "z-z", good to know...

I think in polish everything is strange :lol: You must hear it on day ;)

I am an amateur student of languages. I speak english, since I was born and live in America. I studied german in high school and on my own. Picked up a bit of russian and ukrainian, ethiopian, arabi, a few words of japanese and mandarin chinese. Some french. I learned a spanish variation called tex-mex working in construction and some castillian spanish from a friend of spanish descent. I have learned the differences in accent between mexican spanish and honduran spanish. To me, languages are like music, each with their own melody. And it's too bad that I know only a few words of gaelic (native irish.) I took a year of latin in high school because they no longer offered 3rd year german by the time I was a senior.

So, polish doesn't scare me. It can't be harder than chinese, which is a tonal language and one spelling can have different meanings, depending on inflection, though in the original pictographic language, the difference is as clear as day.

In factus your pronunciation is good, I would say that you're a native American if you did not tell me you're from Poland. The best way to learn a language is combinando some words from your original language then you won't make that meanings like: that word means esto...to each word you find. I say that from my own, most of my english language classmates in Brasil are a way back from me because they are always making comparisons between the two languages, portuguese and english. My tip for who is starting on a new language is, "Avoid the comparisons" tough sometimes they are very important. I know my english still sucks but I can even understand a simple conversation trough the forum and It is cool...or maybe not.

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

Ronws - Oh..my..God.. :o That`s impressive... :D And I`m happy that not only for me a languages sounds like music.. :) That`s a reason why I like to listen music from all world :)

That day, when You will speak like this lady will indicate, that you`re speak Polish good ;) Chek it :

Goodness, I would probably hurt myself if I tried to do something that fast. Maybe I have lived in Texas too long. The key to a Texas accent (I have lived here since Oct 1974 but I was born in Los Angeles, California and we moved here when I was 10) is not so much a deep inflection as it is the rhythm and cadence. A Texas drawl is more about speed of speaking than a particular pronunciation or addition of syllables (such as where the word boy becomes boy-ee or about becomes abat.) A good example of native texan accent would be actors Bill Paxton (from Dallas), Tommy Lee Jones (from Houston), Ted Neely (west Texas), Bill Bob Thornton (central and north Texas.) I think it is reflected from a different pace of life.

The example of the woman in the video - is she from a big city or little city?

Can you send me som songs from Texas ? I want to hear how they`re talking, becouse I can`t imagine that :)

She`s from medium (median?) city Stalowa Wola (Steel Volition, it sounds like some f.. metal song title :D), why you`re asking ? :)

If you want to hear how in villages are talking here you`ve (but now many people speak normal,not like this) :

and maybe sth more normal ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgpvnAS3cwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHZMD2aOFI

This is one of my favorite songwriters. Ray Wylie Hubbard, also from Texas. This is his most famous song, "Redneck Mothers." It was made famous first as a recording by Jerry Jeff Walker. This is storytelling through a song. His accent is also texan. Notice that even when he speaks at moderate speed the pronunciation is still "lazy." Not hurried. Not that you have to match this to sound american or even texan but to give you an idea of the different dialects and accents in our huge country. Even in my state of Texas.

We actually know him personally. My wife knew him from years ago and we get to talk to him every time we see him perform. Off stage, he is humble and generous of spirit. He is also rather tall. I think, about 1.9 meters tall (6' 3").