Hi Friends!Please criticize my singing. what is wrong in my technique of sound? thank you

• TMV World Legacy Member

It sounds like it is skirting on falsetto a lot of the time. But that isn't wrong. It is a pretty cohesive style. I'm not really a fan of the original song, and kind of preferred your version. Is your throat comfortable?

I think you need to figure out what sounds you want. If there are sounds you can't do that you'd like to obtain, people can help you reach those goals. Cause there is nothing wrong with the sound you currently got.

It doesn't sound strained or out of tune, or any of that. What would you want to do different?

It sounds like it is skirting on falsetto a lot of the time. But that isn't wrong. It is a pretty cohesive style. I'm not really a fan of the original song, and kind of preferred your version. Is your throat comfortable?

I think you need to figure out what sounds you want. If there are sounds you can't do that you'd like to obtain, people can help you reach those goals. Cause there is nothing wrong with the sound you currently got.

It doesn't sound strained or out of tune, or any of that. What would you want to do different?

Thank you for your criticism! I would like to achieve the correct sound! I do not feel tension, but my sound does not have the right pop-position

Thank you for your criticism! I would like to achieve the correct sound! I do not feel tension, but my sound does not have the right pop-position

You mean more like Celine Dion? Like lots of power? You'd have to train to do a more belting or middle voice type sound. Those are kind of advanced configurations of singing that can take a lot of training to get working. Unfortunately they are pretty complicated relatively and I don't think you could be taught very easily in a forum post.

There are important ingredients though.

Twang is necessary (tip of tongue at tongue at bottom row of teeth, arched upward and back, wide and high against the top molars).

Plaintive, 'restrained,' cry/curbing sounds can found, which are kind of like a controlled moan when you get a stomach ache (used a lot in pop soul and R & B.

You need good support (hopefully you know that already, if your throat isn't strained that's a good sign)

And importantly vowels may need to be modified as you ascend. Every vowel shade comes with unique strengths and weaknesses. There are a lot of programs and teachers that would help you get there a lot faster. I don't currently own any, but I'm familiar with some CVT methodology and I know Rob Lunte is putting huge efforts into his 4 Pillars Program.

Do you have an Idol or a specific 'kind of style' you're aiming for? Cause in my experience different sounds are kind of achieved differently. A lot of the same components will be there, but depending on how you incorporate things, and how you use vowels, you'll likely sound different. If you haven't worked with like a really, really good teacher, you might want to look into that. I know they are really expensive, and if you're like me, you're not really in a position to be spending lots of money at the moment, but if you're going to get a teacher, try to get one that is really good at what they are doing.

Some of those big sounds are tough and you could spend a lifetime trying to achieve them with the right tools, where as if you approach them from the wrong angle, you could spend a lifetime failing to achieve them. Me, I consider myself kind of a roots rock, punky, jazzy soul singer. I can't sing like Celine, but if I wanted to I'd have my work cut out for me. ;)

I think it's possible, it's just some sounds are going to require a lot of dedication and focused training. An extremely polished, powerful sound would probably require more technique than Joe Strummer.

My favorite recent female pop singer is Amy Winehouse. She uses a twangy moan thing, but it's also really raw and kind of unhinged. She was good at what she did, but I don't think she could sing Celine either. If she could, I never heard any evidence of it.

I am confused. It sounds more pop than the original. I think you did well for the style of arrangement you have, which is markedly different than the original. In which case, you are looking for applause and are certainly worthy of it. Which, I am sure, is what you are seeking.

If you were trying to do it like Celine, you would have used an arrangement more like the original. So, what you really need to do, instead of worrying about your "pop" sound is pay the ASCAP copyright fee and release this as a legitimate cover. Like, now.