Please I need honest feedback about my singing

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello, I'm kinda starting into this singing world, and I don't have anyone to sing to, so I thought that you fellow singers could help me improve my singing, by the way, can you tell me what kind of voice I have? (I mean like the tenor stuff and things, I just don't know :/)

I've never been to singing lessons, since it's pretty hard to find a good teacher where I live, I live pretty far from the city! frown.gif

Here's an audio sample, sorry if the quality is kinda bad, it was recorded with my phone :/
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1BQzT2c47Ah

Thank you very much, I apreciatte any kind of feedback (positive or negative XD) biggrin.gif

EDIT: other version without broken guitar xD

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eW35Udt2Rv

Don't worry just now about what type of voice that you have. First, you need some kind of training, whether with a study program or a teacher. If you don't have advertised vocal coaches in your area, try a choir director at a local church, for example. I was going to say practice matching your pitch to your guitar but the guitar is wholly out of tune, not just one string. So, it was hard to tell what the melody is supposed to be. But I could not hear a spot where you and at least one string on the guitar matched.

Trust me, I have had some recordings get panned because a string was out of tune, something I didn't check before posting. Just sang a song and posted it.

So, if you can't find a teacher, tune the guitar, regardless. Then practice matching singing to that. And if you are having problems hearing if you are on pitch, you might need a friend that can listen and guide you up or down until you memorize the feeling of singing the right notes.

Don't worry just now about what type of voice that you have. First, you need some kind of training, whether with a study program or a teacher. If you don't have advertised vocal coaches in your area, try a choir director at a local church, for example. I was going to say practice matching your pitch to your guitar but the guitar is wholly out of tune, not just one string. So, it was hard to tell what the melody is supposed to be. But I could not hear a spot where you and at least one string on the guitar matched.

Trust me, I have had some recordings get panned because a string was out of tune, something I didn't check before posting. Just sang a song and posted it.

So, if you can't find a teacher, tune the guitar, regardless. Then practice matching singing to that. And if you are having problems hearing if you are on pitch, you might need a friend that can listen and guide you up or down until you memorize the feeling of singing the right notes.

Yes, I knew the guitar would be a problem, but the guitar is kinda broke, so even If I tune it goes like that :( 

Thanks, I'm trying to find someone for singing lessons to solve that pitch problems, what study programs do you recommend me? Thank you

Yes, I knew the guitar would be a problem, but the guitar is kinda broke, so even If I tune it goes like that :(

Thanks, I'm trying to find someone for singing lessons to solve that pitch problems, what study programs do you recommend me? Thank you

I've had problems like that, too. Messed up guitars and whatnot. As for study programs, there are many available and I could certainly recommend 4 Pillars of Singing, available at this forum by the owner of the forum and author of the singing program. If you have some money to spend on a training program, it is the best deal for the money, in my opinion, though most importantly, what is important is that the teaching style and concepts work for you.

your current singing abilities are even better than alot of the local bands singers ive heard (and i heard ALOT)...

Depends what you are after. But what ronws said is probably your best bet. Vocal training programm like 4 pillars of singing or some other coupled with occasional skype lessons will do wonders. A skype lesson every 3 months or so just to see if you are working correctly should be enough

I've had problems like that, too. Messed up guitars and whatnot. As for study programs, there are many available and I could certainly recommend 4 Pillars of Singing, available at this forum by the owner of the forum and author of the singing program. If you have some money to spend on a training program, it is the best deal for the money, in my opinion, though most importantly, what is important is that the teaching style and concepts work for you.

Thank you very much, I'll check the program right now! :)

your current singing abilities are even better than alot of the local bands singers ive heard (and i heard ALOT)...

Depends what you are after. But what ronws said is probably your best bet. Vocal training programm like 4 pillars of singing or some other coupled with occasional skype lessons will do wonders. A skype lesson every 3 months or so just to see if you are working correctly should be enough

Thank you very much for your kind words! This tuesday I'm getting my first singing lesson with a coach that I managed to found near I live.

I will definitely check that program right now :D

Definitely better. Your pitch accuracy is better a capella. Perhaps the problematic guitar was throwing you off.

Thank you! Do you have any points that you recommend me to work on?