"The Sentinel" - by Judas Priest, Take 2

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanx for listening Igor and Pekka. Igor: when you say i sing off pitch, could you elaborate it i bit? Is it the whole song thru or just parts, do you mean i just sing in a different key? Is it sounding bad (i used alot of delay)? The chorus is not a copy of the studio song, i played a little with it deliberately tried to stick in the live version in some parts.

As far as timbre goes it's very nice, but you're off pitch and sloppy with the timing. I don't think it means that you're a bad singer. I think that you're just slacking; that you're focusing on some notes and, more or less, ignore the others. I know it's easy to focus on the "killer notes" in a melody and just leave the other notes to rot, but it will diminish the percieved "feeling" of the performance.

My tip would be to listen to the melody more carefully (especially to those short notes) and sing it slowly to incorporate all notes in your performance, and then speed it up to normal.
Since I believe you're a capable vocalist it will probably not take a lot of practice, but it will enhance your performance greatly!

Good luck!

Thanx for listening, Enander, i am a great admirer of your singing. Yeah, i think you are right, i am a little lazy when it comes to study a song, i just sing and also i think i am a little tone def unfortunately. 

Thanx for listening, Enander, i am a great admirer of your singing. Yeah, i think you are right, i am a little lazy when it comes to study a song, i just sing and also i think i am a little tone def unfortunately. 

That's an unfair assessment :) It's hard to say whether you're tone deaf or not if you don't know the song. As far as I'm concerned understanding the vocal lines is about half the work. A tip is, if you're having trouble doing/understanding what the vocalist is doing, do something else. Artistic freedom is nice and a great opportunity you incorporate your own spin on it!

Is this even possible!!??

The tumbre and range is INCREDIBLE. But pitch really does lack alot :)

But if u ask me pitch can be improved more easily that the vocal color and range So bro i ENVY you.

Thanx for listening, Bzean and Elvis Osmanovic! I´m glad to hear that my timbre sounds great. I will try and study the song more thoroughly and then we will see what comes out, Then if it is still off key  there is not much hope and i will sing just for myself, hehe.

Thanx for listening, Bzean and Elvis Osmanovic! I´m glad to hear that my timbre sounds great. I will try and study the song more thoroughly and then we will see what comes out, Then if it is still off key there is not much hope and i will sing just for myself, hehe.

ABSOLUTELY  NOT. You will train your aural skills to perceive pitch better and you will perform.

Didnt i just tell you aural skills are easier to train than vocal technique.

I play guitar for 7 years now and after only 6 months of guitar playing i got to a point where i hear almost every pitch imperfection when i sing or others.

Don't give up bro. I beg you don't. Google the term "learn to sing on pitch" or something like that and start working. Seriously don't keep your talent to yourself, share the joy.

Thanx for listening, Bzean and Elvis Osmanovic! I´m glad to hear that my timbre sounds great. I will try and study the song more thoroughly and then we will see what comes out, Then if it is still off key  there is not much hope and i will sing just for myself, hehe.

I had problems hearing my singing too when I started out. I still miss some sour notes haha!

I think it is because many of us are focusing on the background music (if there is any) and "the idea" of one's singing. Somewhere in your mind you have an idea of what you want it to sound like (input) and that's what many of us listen to when we're singing, not the actual singing (output). It takes focus to sing and actually listen to what you're singing, and I truly believe that most of us can get a lot better at hearing notes.