You raise me up- training ( trying to fix problem )

• TMV World Legacy Member

I think my problem is that in high parts of the songs generally i take the "easy way" and go falsetto. This is my try not to do so...is falsetto better after all?

>

I think my problem is that in high parts of the songs generally i take the "easy way" and go falsetto. This is my try not to do so...is falsetto better after all?

>

It's flat. "I am strong" the "I am" part sounds really released, you should try and keep that feeling in the other phrases also. Try going through the song with either "ee" (suomeksi ii) or "oo" (suomeksi uu/yy) and try to let your voice drift into a clear, bright headvoice, not an airy headvoice. Once you have that down, add mass.

Less air, less volume, more resonance, if you can't sing it soft and light don't try to belt it loud.

"'Means are many' said the hag as she wiped the table with a cat."

It's flat. "I am strong" the "I am" part sounds really released, you should try and keep that feeling in the other phrases also. Try going through the song with either "ee" (suomeksi ii) or "oo" (suomeksi uu/yy) and try to let your voice drift into a clear, bright headvoice, not an airy headvoice. Once you have that down, add mass.

Less air, less volume, more resonance, if you can't sing it soft and light don't try to belt it loud.

Thanks, i think i understand what you mean :)  This is a hard song for me but i wan´t to challenge myself. I know i need to practise a lot more :(

I think you have a nice, manly tone. It sounds good to me.

As you say, bringing this tone to the high notes makes this song more challenging, so you usually use falsetto at the top. I think some of the difficulty of the top notes is because the tone is losing some "clearness" around middle C (For example at :34 "and sit" at :57 "seas" you are medium intensity near middle C and raspy, but as you continue lower in pitch and intensity, you sound very smooth).

If you were to clear bring a soft but clear tone to that area in practice, then work on making it connected, that may give you more release.

Nice job on a difficult song.

I think you have a nice, manly tone. It sounds good to me.

As you say, bringing this tone to the high notes makes this song more challenging, so you usually use falsetto at the top. I think some of the difficulty of the top notes is because the tone is losing some "clearness" around middle C (For example at :34 "and sit" at :57 "seas" you are medium intensity near middle C and raspy, but as you continue lower in pitch and intensity, you sound very smooth).

If you were to clear bring a soft but clear tone to that area in practice, then work on making it connected, that may give you more release.

Nice job on a difficult song.