Separate Ways - Journey

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is a recording I did singing a song type that is difficult for me. I am a Lyric Baritone and Steve Perry is/was a very strong tenor with a light register and at this point in his singing career developing a bit of rasp which I do not usually have in my voice naturally. I did my best but its hard to thin my voice thru the passagio and give it a bit of airy rasp. I know Steve Perry is a lightning rod at times with singers. It seems he strikes people as overrated or a genius nobody seems to be just "meh" lol. Anyway, I do enjoy his singing and I like to try out different styles of singers to add to the tool box when I work on my original songs.

https://app.box.com/s/s6ci5jy85p0dln5ahfu7ruu4sguhd2sb

• TMV World Legacy Member

I am a very high Lyric Baritone I really have a very baritone type range with a fairly extended high end.  I have  other songs where I sing in a much lower range. It actually has taken my a long time to get my voice to a point where I can keep it up in that part of my register.  I will try to dig one of those songs up and load it up. In general though I don't try to think too much about the range I am singing on my original material I try as much as I can to just try to carry the melody with emotion and hopefully conviction lol By the way I really enjoyed your singing Bono.