New to The Modern Vocalist.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello,

This is a great site. Its about time singers around the world had a venue to network and get feedback from one another. I'm attaching a link to my current vocal demo. It's been recorded over the course of 3 years so there are subtle changes in my voice. This is also footage from several shows I've been in, so some of the shots are far away. I am open to any opinions.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/user/juoyml#p/a/u/0/WL9Ob5zNl5c

• Administrator

Nice video... there are moments when its a bit flat, but I dont know if that is the production or not... I really liked the vocals around 2:30 when your singing in French in the cute blue outfit... that seemed solid and in your zone. The last clip in the green dress was pretty good to.

Overall, an amazing singer and definately a professional with lots of experience.

Do you have a coach these days? You should have a coach. Id love to work with you.

You are great. Definately doing a super job with your Theatre performances. I like the song 3:30 minutes in the background is red. I like your vocal and personality in that performance and can see you persuing a solo pop career doing that style and attitude; the Barbara Streisand was really terrific and you have a spark about you. that I imagine people like.

My least favorite was the song 30 seconds or so in...there was a flat note around 52 seconds in which I am sure you are aware.

Keep doing what your doing; if the video is any indication; it seems it gets better each time...

Your a joy...

Byron

www.myspace.com/brtempleofsound
www.vamacoustics.com

Thank you both for taking the time to check out my demo. I really appreciate it.

Robert, no I don't have a coach. Actually, I can count on one hand the months of training I've had in my life. Most of my technique was 'on the job'. My voice changed a lot a few years ago and with that change, I feel that my technique became a lot better. Some of the clips were right at the tail end of my voice changing which could explain the slight pitch issues. I had a hard time controlling my voice, but once I figured it all out, it was better than ever. It was like I went through puberty at 26, is that common for female singers?

I'm going to be hitting the audition scene again and would love coaching. Where are you based?