The trooper

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi there!

I'm not gonna be "wordy".

I just want some friggin' feedback (except the part where I'm off beat. I don't know what happened. Haha!).

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/50934567/file.html

Oh, don't mind the filename. "Slut" is "finished/end" in swedish :)

Sounded great, Enander and very evil-ish, i liked it. A very impressive scream in the end. I practise this song now and then and have posted many versions of it - search for Olem and "the trooper" and maybe you will find some tips there. But i don´t think you have to change much, it sounds evilish and you have the twang going. If i were you i would just slightly decrease the evilish/witchy sound. I am also swedish - my mail-adress is "nygren2002@hotmail.com" , add me if u like then maybe we can share some music thoughts :)

Enander, that was awesome. You sang it like it was yours. I can only applaud that you didn't try to sound as oscuro as the original.

People, this is how to sing a song. Do what it is your voice can do.

Bravo.

Keith Haha! Well, in that range I find Bruce to be numero uno. Hard not to find inspiration from his work. Regarding that "super-sonic" (lol) sound, I'm not very pleased with it. Due to fatigue I was finding it hard to get that resonance/distortion I wanted. I didn't get it right until the storm was about to abate, so to speak, but it was fun nonetheless! :)

DJDeth Glad you liked it, but seeing you talking about losing your arm is almost making me losing my head. Haha :) Cheers, buddy!

Olem Thank you, but where I'm coming from (vocally) this is a rather toned down approach already. I used to distort my voice ad absurdum and I know I'm still is a little "too much" at times, but I'm working on it :)

My plan is to develop a rubber band-voice where I've found the sweet spot and just whiplashing out a distortion during appropriate phrases. Sort of like Bruce used to do back in the day.

Tack för erbjudandet förresten, men jag använder tyvärr inte MSN! :)

ronws Haha! Wow! Thank you very much! :)

Just one thing, I don't think I quite understand "obscuro as the original".

Jugulator Yeah, my voice is fairly comfortable "up there", so I guess that's a contributory factor :)

Great job, and I think it's great that you made it your own. It's a more "metal" performance, vocally, and that's cool. As everyone else has said, great scream, there!

ronws I had to read up on it, and I gotta tell you; that was some nice information. I now understand what you meant. My universe just got a litte more organised. It sort of explains the problem I've been having with achieving a specific sound of Bruce's. Note to self: practice your chiaroscuro.

Thank you! :)

Jeran Haha! Gotta have some sort of outlet for my creativity, how little it may be! :)

Archived