Hi I'm new and I wondered if you could check out my style?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi

I'm Johnny Jay, London born rock, rhythm & blues singer now based in France (lucky me!)

I've just joined, and I wondered if you guys could check out my singing style on this Live video on You Tube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1CpinfTpw

Be kind !

Thanks

Johnny

Even though it was standard I-IV-V progression, it had something of a swing feel, thanks to the vocal melody being harmonic to the original. And the drums. It seems like I remember the original had almost a zydeco feel to the rhythm. This was a little more rock or country driven, with some swing influence. Definitely an R & B feel to the voice. It's like a bowl of jambalaya. A lot of unique flavors at once. Good job, great timing, great voice control.

I agree with Ron also. Great performance and excellent stage presence. As far as critiquing the vocals themselves it's a bit tough to do from this video as your voice is washed out a little in reverb and background noise. It would be fantastic if you could share with us a clip where we can hear you more clearly. So far as I can tell from the clip you are sounding quite good. :)

"GIDDYUP!"

Nice clip. You seem to have a good voice and strong presence. As snax said, could be great to have a recording of your voice ;-).

I'm french, i'm from toulouse! Where do you live?