New Jazz Singer needs a listen!

Hey all,

I'm new to this website. I've been in a rock band for the past 5 years until it recently came to an end. Everyones always been telling me to sing jazz but I was so used to the gutsy shouty rock vocals I thought it wasn't for me.

Anyway, I've given it a go and would love to know what other vocalists think. Please do have a listen if you have a mo. It can be found here.

Thanks very much!

Hayley:D

Astonishing. Really ... are you signed to a label? You should be. I don't know what your rock singing is like but you totally own this style. Your vibrato is just fine. You may need to know that devaitis admires Michael Bolton, an entirely different vocal timbre. And yes, a person's psychology can affect their judgement. Me, I am an odd ball. I can admire a voice, regardles of genre. Plus, if you don't take offense to me saying so, you've got the "look." And I don't mean just physical beauty, which you obviously have. You have that "look."

Serious as a heart attack - if you aren't signed, you need to be. Even better, start your own label and you can make your own money.

Hayley - that sounds really good. Very expressive. I checked out one of your other rock tunes which also sounded great. You sound great in both genres. The only critique I would have is that you may want to work on the vibrato on the jazz tune. It got a little "choppy" in certain spots. Thats purely a subjective comment though and that may be a stylistic choice of yours.

Archived