Pink - Aerosmith (with a pinch of salt)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Its result when i dont think about technique and focus on emotion only.

That's topic is for fun rather. We are human only! Not vocal robots. :)

Listen and enjoy! Singing should be happiness.

http://www.box.net/shared/79bbxsrfuz

My singing -----> http://soundcloud.com/richardstomach

Cool to hear you playing around! Sounded good. By playing like this a lot, it's a good likelyhood that you'll simply stumble upon a sound that is to your liking. It would have been good to hear more of you high notes there, though.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update.

Jopall, should I sing high with more RASP? I think I can do it.

And the second question. How to sing word "color". Taylor sang it in strange way. kOOOOlEEEr or kooohlehr or maybe like reading kAAAAler.

No one want to comment?

Im a little bit desperate. My friend told me today that my high in passagio are very weak, unnatural and sounds non-possessional. EX in this song.

And what we can see? 90% of you lie to me saying my highs are "good", "very good" or my friend lie to me..... then im sorry.

Tell me even hard truth but truth.....please. I Really want to learn what i need to know.

Please. Only sincerity.

I thought I was going to listen to a track, with horrible highs like myself.

All I can say is, that I think your friend was wrong. I thought it was cool. Even my friend, who doesn't like good covers from in here I show him, liked it. Though we both agreed that the very last 4 seconds didnt sound so good. I think it's something with your accent.

Been very buisy lately. Will reply soon. But what makes you think your friend knows what he's talking about and the people here don't?

One thing I might add. Some people, if they listen to a singer and the singer does one single sub-optimal note in a song, they consider that performance to be bad and possibly the singer to be bad as well.

But what makes you think your friend knows what he's talking about and the people here don't?

Im very very very sensitive and crazy about critique. Which is good in one hand and bad in the other.

And, my "friend" is vocalist as well. He says people on forum dont tell the truth because they dont want to help, dont want to create a rival - competitive . I personally dont think like that, saying what he says only....

He said my chest voice is very good, but my high is horrible, thin, croak. My passaggio does not sound like my chest, there is no "my" voice.

Hes the only one. Black sheep. Every person says my "pink" sounds very good, only pitch-off problem in the beginning.

=devaitis]And, my "friend" is vocalist as well. He says people on forum dont tell the truth because they dont want to help, dont want to create a rival - competitive . I personally dont think like that, saying what he says only....

I don't know anyone on this forum personally, but I've never witnessed anything that would suggest anyone is trying to sabotage your progress to fuel their own ego. I've seen nothing but sound advice given to those who have sought it.

If anyone had the intention of "not helping", wouldn't it be much easier to simply not listen and offer no advice at all?

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

No matter how great you get, there will always be some people out there who think you absolutely suck. :) This applies even to the greatest singers of all time, FYI.

I don't know anyone on this forum personally, but I've never witnessed anything that would suggest anyone is trying to sabotage your progress to fuel their own ego. I've seen nothing but sound advice given to those who have sought it.

If anyone had the intention of "not helping", wouldn't it be much easier to simply not listen and offer no advice at all?

I agree completely. I've never seen anyone on this forum remotely come close to this.

I understand what you mean about the high notes - getting them to sound more like chest. I work on this every single day myself. The last thing I want is my head voice to sound like falsetto. And I've been doing a lot of research on this subject lately. I still believe that you are doing head voice correctly - you just need slightly thicker weight up there to match the weight of your chest. Rasp can help mask that "heady" tone. People like jonpall can give you excellent advice on this. Or check out the Vocalpower website - Tony's got some fantastic videos on this. Hang in there - this is not an easy thing to learn and it doesn't come naturally to everyone (it didn't for me). You will get there eventually.

A little update.

Jopall, should I sing high with more RASP? I think I can do it.

And the second question. How to sing word "color". Taylor sang it in strange way. kOOOOlEEEr or kooohlehr or maybe like reading kAAAAler.

Hi man,

I just listened to this clip (got new headphones at last).

You sound similar to the last clip I heard from you, which is actually a compliment. Sure, it could be said that you haven't mastered singing yet, but believe me, you're well on your way. Until you get there, there will always be some people who'll say that you suck and even after you "master singing", some people will say that you suck. Then there will be people who like no one better than Bob Dylan. Can't win 'em all.

So... I think the balance between not too dopy and not too twangy is pretty much there. Well done! And you have enough cry/hold/cord compression to make the high notes sound thick. (Of course, the notes above C5 will never sound THAT thick - for anyone.)

I think you currently need TWO things: A) Improved english accent - it's more important than you think, and B) more confidence - sometimes I can hear a slight lack of confidence in the way you end occasional words.

These two things can be easily be fixed by practise and I'm sure you can do it. I could also go over your clip, word by word and tell you what I think you could do to improve them, if you're interested but I think such a thing would be too hard to type on a forum. It would be much easier if we were in the same room. But anyway, be patient, you're a talented singer and are getting closer and closer to becoming a great singer - rock on man :)

Getting to your actual questions:

No I don't think you should sing with more rasp. You sing with lots of attitude and the occasional rasp - well, that's what Steven Tyler does. In some songs he sings with constant rasp but in some he doesn't. I actually can't remember what he does for this song but I don't think it really matters. You have a cool sound going on there so keep it up. It's not perfect and I guess you'd need to practise more before going to the studio with this song but you're very close, man.

I think you shouldn't worry too much about the word "colour" at this point. Just try to improve the accent in general. Note that I'm Scandinavian so I had to work at this, too, and still do from time to time.

I'd like to add that your highest note sounded pretty much perfect. I'm not sure if I can make it sound so good. Not everyone can do that. Awesome, man! :)

Devaitis, your "friend" is jealous. So, he's a "vocalist," as well?

Great, let's hear some of his stuff. And he will have to trust that we will give an honest assessment, as best as we can do with our own psychological proclivities. Is your friend a vocal coach? Is a member of the buying public? I usually appraise my performance by how my audience reacts. Whether that is some friends at a party or complete strangers at a club or restaurant I have performed at. They are the "buying public."

I consider this forum the "toughest room I've had to play." When you get applause from this crowd, you are doing something right. So, I think your friend has "issues." Yes, I said that out loud. Where people can actually hear me. Probably because I am an obstinate, old fart. :cool:

No matter how great you get, there will always be some people out there who think you absolutely suck. :) This applies even to the greatest singers of all time, FYI.

100% true. There's not a singer alive who doesn't have his or her share of detractors. Of course, they probably couldn't muster up a single technical term to describe what it is they find fault with, but they'll always simplify it by saying they just don't like your voice.

The best thing you can do to deal with it is to take your "give a shit", and throw it out the window.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

The best thing you can do to deal with it is to take your "give a shit", and throw it out the window.

That would make the perfect bumper sticker or even tagline in a signature field.

That would make the perfect bumper sticker or even tagline in a signature field

Some kind of slang ron? My dictionary is powerless. English please :)

Some kind of slang ron? My dictionary is powerless. English please :)

In America, we sometimes put a saying that we like that is on a sticker that can stick to the bumper or back window of a car. I used to have a bumper sticker that read "If you must burn our flag, please, wrap yourself in it, first."

My friend, Lee, had two stickers.

"Hooyah - it's a military thing." He was a US Navy SEAL 1964- 1969, stationed out of Da Nang, Viet Nam, with a specialty in remote C-4 detonations and 9 confirmed sniper kills. Though he was trained with a .308, he preferred the grease gun.

"Don't anger the dragon. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

You will notice a quote at the bottom of every post of mine. That is the signature field. Kind of like a bumper sticker for emails and forum posts.

A saying such as the ones I have described or Validar made often point to a truth in life that is worth remembering.

I used to have a bumper sticker that read "If you must burn our flag, please, wrap yourself in it, first."

hahaha....I love it.

Your voice reminds me of a cross between David bowie and the guy from buck cherry

very nice vocal tone!!!

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Thanks all of you.

Ron, thank you for explanation.

Chavie, that was a big compliment, I'm crazy about both Bowie and BuckCherry. It will be great if you would like to direct moments that are the weakest then I will improve them. You are great singer, I like all of your covers and have listened everything you posted.

Jonapll, being honest every advice from you I take deep into my heart and try to practice. You said, "more like Talyer, less dopy". What did I do? Followed to your suggestion. Your directions are spot on. I believe there will be time to say you a big thanks face to face. Scandinavia isnt so far from Poland. is it?

Thank you Guitartrek too. Im still waiting for your next cover. Did you record sth new? Your Journey was really good cover.

Archived