Tallulah - As finnished as it's going to get

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is the best I could do with the time I alloted for this one.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11144487&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

Hey, Keith. You can drop the "I'm not worthy, I'm just a pile of feces" thing. It's not selling in Paducah, any more.

This was done so well that if I didn't already know better, I would think you wrote it. Which is the way to sing any song, even someone else's. Sing it as if you wrote it. And you did.

So, if you do an album of covers, or just want to put a cover on an upcoming album, use this one. In fact, you could probably use this recording, though you will have to re-mix the vocals a little more prominently in the beginning.

And definitely put this in your live set. Variety is the spice of life.

I bet I know another cover you would absolutely own. "Lorelei" by the Scorpions from their latest album, Sting in the Tail.

This is one of my favourite songs ever actually. Lame, I know :D

I thought you did a great cover. You have a nice tone to your voice and your diction is excellent. If I had to make one small criticism it would be to try and get more of a legato, smooth, flowing nature to the phrases that you're singing, as if the breath is just launching out and the words are flowing uninterrupted. It's almost like some phrases you feel confident and just knock them out, but some others, there is a bit of a catch in your voice here and there, as if you're not sure. In my personal opinion, that seems to be holding the vocal back a little, stylistically and technically. But you've probably been singing longer than I've been alive though, so keep on keepin' on :D

Wow, great to see other Sonata Arctica fans!!

I like your tone, it's really clear... =)

You play alot with the melody and I usually would say "don't" but it fits well and never goes off-key so it's obviously deliberate which shows you really know what you're doing. I do however think you should reach for the note in the "Don't even dare to say you hi, still swallowing the good bye" ;) Other than that I would simply say that some phrasing would need a bit more energy. For example "Tallulah, it's easier to live alone". A straight note which is very beautiful when sung strong.

Anyway my hat's off to you... Really great work and I will listen to it more when I get home I'm sure! =) Keep it up!

Archived