Me singing some Dokken

• TMV World Legacy Member

Here is a Dokken song I decided to mess around with in a not so serious fashion. I totally just did it for fun (and to see if I could sing it), but it came out kinda OK so I decided I would share it. Try not to laugh too hard lol! When I say I was messing around, I mean it!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11206105&q=hi&newref=1

www.drop-head.com

I like this version better than the original. The original was so overprocessed. This is more of an "unplugged" version as far as mixing artifacts go.

And I'm sorry, I can't help it. According to Rock Desk News, George Lynch and Don Dokken are once again at odds. It appears that Don manipulated George to appear with him on "That Metal Show" just to further his own public presence.

Then again, Don was always a prima donna. They originally split up because George accidently ate someone else's bagel and Don took offense to that. Serious as a heart attack.

Nevertheless, the music lives on. I still hear some Dio in your voice which lends a neat flavor it. Kind of like the recipe I have for chili made with ground elk meat. It calls for a tablespoon of cocoa powder, which lends a sweet, smoky taste that you can't quite figure out unless you know its in there.

Sorry for the odd reference.

Man, I haven't heard that song in years. I remember seeing Dokken open up for Dio when I was a kid.

You have a nice voice. For some reason Vandenberg's "Burning Heart" kept popping into my head while I was listening -- I don't know why. I guess I figured it'd be a good fit for your style and voice.

Another piece of useless trivia from my leaky brain. George Lynch is one of the most underrated guitarists, ever. I once saw a brief tutorial from him on how to tighten up the phrasing of solos. Using the I-IV-V progression, you play an initial measure or two of the main riff. The next measure is whatever noodling you can fit in a measre. And then back to the 12-bar. It builds timing like there's nothing else.

Sorry for the digression.

Loved it!!! I always loved this song and many other of Dokkens songs. You REALLY sound great on this track Keith! I'd love to mix this for you if you could email me the music tracks and your vocals independently.

"GIDDYUP!"

Archived