New original track ( Needs some criticism )

The basic concept revolves around a chromatic bass line.

i like the way it forces you to change it up chord wise

Not all happy with my singing, my confidence was lacking a bit (Had a lot of people in the house when i was recording)

not to mention a few pitch errors....

Definitely going to be redoing the vocals.

But otherwise I'm seeing improvement with my placement and support

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11220185

Hey Chavie,

I love the harmonic structure of the song, the chromatics sounds really cool and you follow the progressions in an interesting way with your vocal melodies. Your voice itself sounds great too. I wait for more of these:)

Well, Chavie, you've stumped me. I don't have a clue as to where you have a problem. You're going to have to state where you think the problem is. And I have a feeling that it is all in your mind because it sounded fine, from here. Seriously, I think you are beating yourself up for no good reason.

Outstanding dynamics throughout the song. Excellent production skills. Really, if you are too scared to sing, you could always work a side job as a mixing engineer.

By the way, good song, just from an emotional entertainment point of view. You have a strength there that I think you need to run with. Even if you don't have the guts to publish it yourself, register the song with ASCAP and BMI and get it licensed to others.

Thanks for the replies guys, and as always my buddy ronws for always checking out my stuff :)

I'm mostly concerned with the blues phrasing around say 00:10, i think i could have hit those notes a little better

the Bb is a little flat, and not as strong as i know i can hit it.

It's not that i think this was a terrible performance, i just know i could do a little better.

I Actually would love working in the audio engineering field. i find mixing and recording very fun & enjoyable

as with anything involving music i hear getting a nice job requires good connections.

Sooaaaarrinnnngggg vocals, Chavie! With this performance you now are my favourite singer on this forum. I like the emotions and the quality of your voice, you have a really strong mixed voice. I have listened to this song several times, it´s one of the best own-made songs i have ever heard on this forum. It´s time to make a name for yourself now, Chavie!

And I have also admired your mixing skills. And like Snax (MIke,) knowing how to sing as well as you do would make you an excellent recording and mixing engineer. For you know what to tell a singer. And then, how to mix it. And, as a singer, you have an ear. And that is important. And you can make good money. I've seen contract examples of either a flat fee or a percentage of sales.

And recording and mixing are two different things that can affect each other. The first problem is how to record. What mic and where? What are we recording with? Tape? Or digital? What are we mixing with? To me, the only way to mix is to have real time effect in playback.

Anyway, good stuff.

Archived