Yngwie Malmsteen - Rising Force Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

So, I haven't sang in a while due to being sick.. So I did some today to start "getting back into it." Here is a great example of voice flipping all over the place lol. Should give some of you a laugh :)

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11329912&q=hi&newref=1

Oh, and I washed the mix out with verb and delay on purpose lol.

www.drop-head.com

I didn't hear anything to laugh about. Almost the entire vocal is in the mid 4th to lower 5th octave. Not easy. I think you had the right weight and less falsetto sound than before. That is, you are getting more connected and it sounds like it is through resonance. At least that is what it sounds like to me.

And singing like this is the perfect remedy for getting the voice back in shape. Because it does require a light weight and an open throat, i.e., minimal strain.

I like it.

This is an AMAZINGLY hard song to sing, especially since Joe Lynn Turner sung it entirely in chest voice. I sang in a Malmsteen tribute band and this was our main song. I totally butchered it. You have a great voice and a very nice tenor sound. However your rhythm is off and I think you would do well with a bit more... Attitude to it and chestier high notes... A little bit more "ROAR!" :P

Keep up the good work Keith!

Good pitch and musicmanship. I think the vocals need more "edge" to them. You need to sing songs like this like you really mean them so that the audience will belive in you. On the whole, nice singing, man.

I hear improvement since that Helloween song I remembered you singing, Keith.

You lightened up a bit and sound less pushed for the notes. I think the key to getting up there is going to be starting from a lighter configuration and trying to thicken rather than pushing and straining with the heavy configuration, and you seem to be on the right track here.

This is an AMAZINGLY hard song to sing, especially since Joe Lynn Turner sung it entirely in chest voice. I sang in a Malmsteen tribute band and this was our main song. I totally butchered it. You have a great voice and a very nice tenor sound. However your rhythm is off and I think you would do well with a bit more... Attitude to it and chestier high notes... A little bit more "ROAR!" :P

Keep up the good work Keith!

Thanks man, I am just getting so I can sing those notes (the tenow ones) without blowing my voice out. I had to take a few weeks of from singing because I was so sick. Now that I am feeling better, I am going to be working on the upper notes as best I can without a teacher until I can afford Robs program. I am trying different methods of hitting the notes - on this one I sang with the least amount of air possible because I noticed I was straining. Now it sounds really weak, but I hope I can get it stronger - then the attitude will come (I hope) . I also try to imagine the sound coming out of my nose and the top of my head.. Seems to help keep me from pulling chest, which I am famous for doing.

www.drop-head.com

Archived