The Black Dahlia Murder- Necropolis Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Well, I guess it has to be me that says it first.. You are gonna kill your voice. Sadly, you perfrom those vocals better than a ton of people that I hear doing it. I guess as long as you aren't feeling any pain when you do it, or even after you do it.. I had a friend that could sing any song by anybody. From the highest Queensryche song to the lowest dirtiest grumble. After two years of singing death scream vocals, he can barely talk right now. AND, he had a coach. So,I would not make any plans on performing screams like that long term. From what I understand, there is no 100% healthy way to do it, just different levels of bad. BUT, like I said, it sounds better than most that I have heard.

www.drop-head.com

Thank you for the compliment, keith!

From what I've been told and from what I've observed, there are not really any long term effects on your voice from doing this type of vocal, as long as you're doing it right. For instance Randy Blythe from the band Lamb of God has been doing this for about 15 years, and he only seems to get better. There are many other artists who have been doing this for an even longer time than him.

I think the people who lose their voices are simply doing it incorrectly. I feel no pain or any discomfort from this.

Yeah you sound great. I used to do some screaming a few years ago but I preferred to sing clean, and I really felt like I couldn't mix it up between clean and harsh. I know some singers can do this really well, but I guess they're just freakin good :P

Keep it up!