A new song I made, please critique!

Rate this topic

I made a sloppy vid recording of this until my friend makes a good instrumental after which I can record in the studio...

Anyway something I've noticed is that I can take any vowel much higher now... In the last verse "It's time to make a change, it's time to get her life back for good" I do it without getting loud... Before I could only take such notes very shouty in EH and OH vowels... Weird..:

Anyway, any feedback is much appreciated!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a lot of capability in your voice clearly.

I think you could easily improve the delivery of the song by giving the vocals a little more bite - for me its a little soft. I'd like to hear it a little more rocky - especially given the content. I think rock would relate better to the lyrics about bars etc, as oppose to soft folk.

But again, your notes can't be faulted so for me its not a quaestion of singing, more a question of style - and that comes down to people's taste i guess :)

Your voice and singing are pleasing. I agree with greekmac7 that stylistically, this song would have more impact delivered in a rocky style - the lyrics deliver a powerful message. Having said that - folk and blues singers have been delivering equally strong messages in a laid back way for years, so I guess it boils down to individual taste. You could even try this as a rap/hiphop style. :cool:

Cheers

louise

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!! The idea was like... I got the line "bitch please" in my head and thought; "what if to make a degrading rap text and sing it like a cheezy ballad?" The lyrics didn't exactly become that ghettoish but the result was as intended :P

Now though I wish I could make it more rocky so I can play it with my band but... I can only make ballads so I have no idea how to go about doing something else with it... Glorp!!!

Personaly I would of called it "Hey listen to me" but it is rocky man it sounds like a progressive rock song it needs big hanging power chords behind it lind a like SkidRow, you voice is quite cool very melodic but i think your song needs a dirty vocal to put it across better but it's shit hot song well done.

Actually yeah, I want to make an arrangement featuring more instruments... I am however crap at that so I hope I can get some help from friends who can play guiotar/bass/etc :3

Thanks for the kind comment :3