Singing some elvis

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thought id change it up from all the higher voiced stuff.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11598378

As always any criticisms or advice is welcomed.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Very nice baritone sound!! You have a voice which, hmm, how to explain it...? It blends well with the instrumental, it sounds very authentic and belonging =)

I liked it a lot! If there's any critique that I could offer, I guess the bridging to head could use a little work.. Keep up the great work!

Very nice baritone sound!! You have a voice which, hmm, how to explain it...? It blends well with the instrumental, it sounds very authentic and belonging =)

I liked it a lot! If there's any critique that I could offer, I guess the bridging to head could use a little work.. Keep up the great work!

Yea my head tone and chest tone sounds worlds apart right now.....

been doing lip rolls and sirens on a NG vowel... but so far im not blending them like id like.

Hmm, well, you have a strong sound so it's a bit harder to blend your head voice into that chesty sound... I think head voice is much easier to blend into curbing and overdrive, than it is neutral because curbing thins the notes which resembles head voice more and overdrive relates to twanged head voice more... Perhaps the bridging is in need of some modification on the higher chest end as well? =)

Your like me. Your lowest notes that this song requires sound like whispers coming from you. During the later part that is higher, I know you are relaxed and in your comfort zone, where as Elvis would working hard for the money. Because he was actually a baritone.

And I agree with Patrick. Your voice has the right tone for this arrangement.

Your like me. Your lowest notes that this song requires sound like whispers coming from you. During the later part that is higher, I know you are relaxed and in your comfort zone, where as Elvis would working hard for the money. Because he was actually a baritone.

And I agree with Patrick. Your voice has the right tone for this arrangement.

yep lol anything below C3 takes a good bit of effort not to sound like a whisper.

although some mornings i can do a pretty good james earl jones impression :P

For me, it takes effort to have C3 not sound like a whisper. And anything below that does sound whispery, even if I am right up on the pop filter.

At least one peson of high esteem and noteworthy experience has noted a lack of ring or focus in baritonic notes for me. I didn't pick up on that clue, at first. It took a while to see the wisdom of his words. Not that I was being stubborn, just not getting the picture at the time, in my mind.

Real nice Chavie and thanks for not doing an Elvis impersonation. That seems to be common with people singing Elvis :D. Your voice sounds good at this range or should I say sounds good at this range too... since it sounds good higher as in the Queen stuff. However I found that you were more on pitch here than the higher notes (one or two) in the Queen vocals. Those very high ones. But for those Queen songs your voice also fits there very well in that range. There was a note here, (I forget the word) where you crescendo up and I thought that sounded great. That was one of the better spots compared to the same thing in Somebody to Love.

That last note was great, and held very well. It was well supported, full and clear throughout. Very nice tone on that note as well as the whole song.

I like your singing, real nice Chavie, Thanks for sharing that, thank ya, thank ya very much :D