Gimme Shelter Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanks.

I should add that this is my take on the song. A slight variation from the original. Well on the vocals anyway...nothing I can do about the track :D

A few weeks ago on a blues radio station I heard some Blues chick do a Blues version of this song that still retained the feel and melody of the original. That's what gave me the thought to cover this tune. I thought it was great and would love to do it that way...but again...the backing track is not compliant!!!

Thanks for listening.

• TMV World Legacy Member

Excellent job, Tommy. Your voice fits this song so well, without even sounding remotely like Mick.

Perfect.

And it reminds me of the docs and some movies about Viet Nam, following hueys (UH-1) into drop zones in the Big Asian Vacation.

Which reminds me of my friend, Lee, who spent 3 active combat tours stationed out of Da Nang. He was talking to a fresh arrival who was excited to be selected as a door gunner on a huey (the guy at the side door of a UH-1 manning a .50 cal with chains of ammo.) Lee said, "Do you know the life expectancy of a door gunner?" "No, what's that?" "Thirty seconds."

Anyway, good job, Tommy.