Wish You Were Here (mvrasseli Backing track)

• TMV World Legacy Member

mvrasseli did a version of this Pink Floyd song here a few weeks ago. He made his own backing track playing acoustic guitar himself. I commented how I liked the track (as well as his vocal rendition of the song) and he was kind enough to send me the backing track. I wanted to steal some of his vocal ideas but didn't have much time to record today and couldn't re-listen to his version. So I just did me :D

Thank you mvrasseli. I hope I did your track justice.

Here we are. mvrasseli and Tommy doing Pink Floyd

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11993996&q=hi

Thanks MD.

I was thinking it may be a little strained. His version felt just a hair higher than the original which I normally sing very easily. I can sing these notes but who knows, maybe it was just the day. The song felt a little tight while singing it. Just a bit strained first half of the song.

Thanks for the listen. :)

You might be right, Tommy, but it could also be the mix. It's bright and shiny and a bit punchy. Nothing wrong with that. I was always used to the original mix, which sits back, a little. Then, when I started playing it, myself, that was a different mix, as well.

I don't think you sounded strained, though you may have felt that way.

But it was a good performance. I liked your ad-libs at the end.

Who mixed the recordings together?

And much props and kudos to MV for the arrangement. I like to think of him as a south american Greg Lake, both in sound and approach to music.

Excellent collab. You realize, of course, you guys should now do a duet.

Or are you chicken (either one of youse guys)?

It isn't actually a collaboration. He posted a cover of the song here and it was to his own backing track that he played guitar. I commented that i liked it and would like to attempt singing to his track. Soon after I got an email with the track. So I just used it as any other backing track and sang to it. No mixing....my usual. I sang to it saved it and posted it. :D He had no involvement and although I sent him a link to the track I haven't heard from him so I'm not sure he even knows I did it.

Thanks for the listen Ron :)

Wow Tommy i really liked your voice on this track, felt like you really ment what you sang, and the emotion carried over to me,as a listener.

For a few moments you reminded me of Bob Seger (which is a good thing cause i like him lol)

Good guitar playing mister Mvrasseli

the production was very nice, takes skills to make acoustic sound that good.

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Wow Tommy i really liked your voice on this track, felt like you really ment what you sang, and the emotion carried over to me,as a listener.

For a few moments you reminded me of Bob Seger (which is a good thing cause i like him lol)

Good guitar playing mister Mvrasseli

the production was very nice, takes skills to make acoustic sound that good.

Thanks Chavie.

Bob Seger? Cool....I don't sing much Seger only because he tends to get a little too high for me. But I love his voice. I do sing "Come To Papa" but that's about it.

I have to give credit to mvrasseli for any emotion in my vocals here. I followed his lead. His playing sort of guided or funneled me in that direction. I sing the original a bit different.

Thanks Chavie :)

Tommy

Nice one Tommy. I think it is a little strained too as you said but in general no. I've seen some dificulty to get high notes in the part "two lost souls..." but I liked it overall, it's always good listen to Pink Floyd. Thanks for the compliments!

[url=http://marcusilva.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] ɸ [url=http://www.jamendo.com/br/artist/Marcus_Rasseli]Jamendo[/url]

Thanks. I usually sing this with no problems but I think your version may be just a touch higher? Then again it could just have been one of those days :D Don't know. You did a great job either way.

Thanks again :)