I need brutally honest advice?

• TMV World Legacy Member

just be brutally honest.

can i sing?

if you think i can what genre would you say suits me best?

also any advice you could give would be great!

but seriously just critique me like dont even sugar coat it just say what you think cause i need honest advice!

thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/user/123RobynBoyd/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Can you sing? Yes and very nicely. :) I think your voice is sweet and I believe you have the potential to be very good. I also think the genre you are already singing fits well. However, I also think you can be even better if you tighten up your technique a little. I could say that you need a bit more support to your voice but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think you have a distinct style and adding more oomph may change that if you don't do it carefully. But there are a few notes that could benefit from a bit more breath support and legato. A lot of your words become a bit choppy...just a little. I suspect you may be reading the words and this may cause that. Sometimes the phrase looses the emotion and it seems because you may be reading....but I'm not sure.

Hey, the bottom line is you can sing and you sing well. And that isn't sugar coating. :)

Good pitch, and you sang it like the original arrangement. I could also hear some qualities in voice before the falsetto that reminded me of Colby Calais.

I'm not sure what range of genres you could sing but you did right with this one. And you could probably do a cover of Calais' "Bubbly" that would sound as if you wrote it. In fact, if I could make a request, I think you should that one, next.

Tommy noted choppy words. Please believe me, I have been playing guitar and singing for quite some time. So, I try to simplify the guitar arrangement so that it doesn't fight for concentration.

So, keep that in mind as long as you are doing songs where you are playing the guitar at the same time. I prefer doing that, too. Just keep the guitar simple and sing.