Oh Holy Night (the swedish version)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, i was practising the other night to sing a little opera, a christmas song, very convinient these days. It´s very fatiguing. I am sure there are lots of things to improve here. What should i focus on first? I was listening to Jussi Björling but couldn´t find the song without his vocals so the timing is way off.

https://www.box.com/s/pvd4ob8ixp8782bd5ics

with only vocals:

https://www.box.com/s/spjj6di316vq5or4ft4p

I would recommend pitch -- support....

you appeared to be down an octave from the music... You didn't seem to be "pitchy", you were just not on the right Key - pitch as the song detailed.

I heard some strain in there as well....

I would suggest to sing forward more (mask) to make the tone a little brighter, and find a track or modify one somehow to 1/2 step tuning and try again...

Cheers,

David.

Hello, David and Igor, thanx for listening. David: Well, maybe i shouldn´t have put that backing track behind the vocals. I was listening to another version by Jussi Björling :

I couldn´t find his version without vocals. am sure it´s pitchy anyway but i hope i am not an octave behind Jussi Björling :)

Hello, David and Igor, thanx for listening. David: Well, maybe i shouldn´t have put that backing track behind the vocals. I was listening to another version by Jussi Björling :

I couldn´t find his version without vocals. am sure it´s pitchy anyway but i hope i am not an octave behind Jussi Björling :)

Are you meaning you sang to one version then later you added a backing track from another version?

No wonder you sounded off pitch. Even if both versions were in the same key slight timing differences will make you sound off key in your singing.

Your voice itself sounds fine. Try singing to the backing track you used in your recording.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Are you meaning you sang to one version then later you added a backing track from another version?

No wonder you sounded off pitch. Even if both versions were in the same key slight timing differences will make you sound off key in your singing.

Your voice itself sounds fine. Try singing to the backing track you used in your recording.

Yes, that´s right. Ok, that version was written by Adam Adolph and i have found the instrumental version now. Thanx for listening MDEW.