AIC - Nutshell Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Im new here, so i wanted to share a bit of work.

Hope you will give it a listen, and comment a bit on my tonal character, and voice. I now i have a mistake here and there. I am very unshure on my singing skills, so please dont hesitate on being harsh with your comments.

Thanks!

A couple of note wobbles. You were on pitch, job #1. The wobbles are easily fixed by a little more control over the exhalation of breath. Keep tension out of the throat and in the abs, where it belongs. I like your voice and it reminds me a little of Jon Anderson from Yes. That's a compliment. It may be an accident of genetics but count that as a blessing and leave it the way it is.

In other words, mucho applaus-o for not trying to sound like Layne.

Good playing, good recording, good editing.

Anything else would be a stylistic concern and I liked your style. And if that is not cut-throat enough for you, then I can't help much more.

Just watch the pitch and in your case, that would be solved by breath support.

I thought you did a good job on one of my favorite AIC songs :)

I think Ron got it right with his comment. To add something, I feel you sometimes hold the notes a bit longer than you have to. But that's maybe just personal opinion.

You have a very, very pleasant voice and I hope you upload more! Nice guitar playing and sound quality as well.

I think that on the whole you sang this song very good and expressive! I am a beginner and I don't have the right to critisize a better performance than mine.

Thank you very much, and of course you have the right to do that. I am interested in everyones oppinion to reach best possible performance and tone!

Tone is really good. I agree that too many people try to mimic Layne on this song (including myself) and that's a mistake. You brought a nice straightforward take to the song that worked. Just keep practicing to improve your vocal control some. Very nice job!