What am i doing wrong

• TMV World Legacy Member

hi friends

im training four pillars for about 5 months, can you listen and tell me what am i doing wrong

thanks

https://soundcloud.com/ozsel-1/a-tout-le-mondeoz

Two things.

get rid of the harmony track. It is confusing to pick out what could be a problem from two different tracks that may both have problems.

Second, it sounds like you you are singing from the mouth, rather that from the head.

So, try singing from the head to make it easier on yourself.

• Administrator

Hi Ozsel... you are always welcome to send me emails personally to give this a listen if you want...

I gave this a listen and well... My biggest concern actually is the production... you are trying to do some doubling here right? I think you need to pull the 2nd vox track down and make it more ghosty... the two vocal tracks are clashing a bit here due to the levels and mix...

In regards to your voice...

It seems your mass may be a bit too heavy... can you sing this a bit lighter?

Also, I want you to go through your lyrics and mark them for vowel modification. See the section in "Pillars" titled, "Marking your lyrics for vowel modification"... some of this is a bit chokey or shouty because the body is struggling with some chokey vowels... find all the closed vowels (see the "None Singer Friendly Vowels" table in your copy of "Pillars") and then look at "The Vowel Modification Translator Table"...

With a better mix on the vocal tracks, sing it with your new vowel modifications.

btw.. the song that follows... "book of heavy metal"... (Im familiar with this song...)... again, your vocal mixes are a bit clunky... choose which one is the lead and which one is the back track that blends...

Thank you

You are so kind Mr. Robert for listening and helping me. You are right i was singing loudly, im struggling to find right volume to sing most of time, can you tell me what singing volume is good. I wish i were living in your beatiful country i could take private lessons from you.

yes i sing on top of original tracks, ill try to find some karaoke of them, if you know any good source of rock karaoke its welcome :)

My native language is not english but ill check vowel modifications and ill try to keep in my mind as much as i can.

To Rowns how can i go mouth to head ? im confused about it

I think Robert Lunte said it better than I did. You are choking on vowels and singing too loud in one area of the voice. But also sounds like you are not getting full resonance. Do you practice the bite that is in 4 Pillars?

Are you sure you have 4 Pillars? Looking in the book and looking at Robert's examples will explain it better than I can.

I am wondering if you actually have 4 Pillars.

i just checked i have 4 pillars since 04.10.2012. Sorry mate i just didnt remember what is "bite". If you give me page number or exercise number so i can directly check it again . i train audio files nowadays.

Thanks again for your helps ronws

I have Pillars 2.0, the version just prior to yours. English version, page 57, the embouchre. I don't know what language edition you have but look for the section on embouchre.

it should be like this right ? : ha ha ha ha ha ascending and descending. i started working on this exercise with some of Four pillars scales

Thanks again dear mate you are so kind.