Every Storm Runs Out Of Rain - Gary Allen Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

This. This is a great song. I went and looked at something else while I had this playing and thought I was listening to Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift as she should have been. Nice job.

Oops, I'm sorry. I suppose it could be good or bad depending on your taste in music. In this context, I mean only good things when I say it. The even-ness of tone, the way your voice sounds, it's very professional.That's what I was going for.

It sounded great. I have no tip for the technique but I do have one Quick tip. Don't let yourself get too bored with the song no matter how many times you have to sing the same line. Whatever emotion you are actually feeling at the time of singing will come through. Singing is like acting. You have to feel it and believe it to be believable.

I am only saying this because you will be auditioning for X-Factor. Every advantage will help.

Some people may think that I am full of it and technique wins out. Technique is there so we are free to sing how we feel. But if a song sounds lifeless it is because the feeling was not there when the song was sung. So sing and feel.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

M has a good point, performance-wise. While singing, you have the emotion. During instrumental breaks, you break the "fourth wall" and smile at the camera. I think what M is saying is keep the story in mind, rather than breaking role. You don't have to win us with a toothy smile. You had us at "ever storm runs out of rain." That will be enough.

But that's a performance thingy, rather than a technical singing thingy.

Guys...... I have a confession to make. When my dad and I recorded this practice session we were not planning to post it on YouTube. I just got braces off the day we recorded this.... I was looking at my teeth :D

But... point taken, I will stay in character for the next practice video. I really appreciate the feedback. Any ideas about presentation or singing it differently would really be appreciated, I really want to make it onto X-Factor.

~Sophia Grayce~

:D Congrats. The teeth look good. My comment had nothing to do with this song. It was just a general Heads up.

I've listened to a few of your songs and I was never disappointed. Other people on this forum have a nack for identifying unnecessary tension or have really good tips. I can only say weather I like some thing or not.

I like it. Good Luck and Keep on singing.

?? Taylor swift sucks.. She is popular because of being young, and brings a different element to country / pop music, but honestly can't sing worth crap... OP is much much better then Taylor..

I think you sounded good doing this song.. but there was no "emotion" to it.. just going through the motions type of thing (for me)...

We now know you can sing... now you need to entertain...

Cheers,

David.

David...........

Thanks for the critique. I wasn't planning to post this video but decided to get some feedback on my vocals, do you think the vocals were boring? Hang around because I'll need you to critique my "entertainment presentation" in my next video, I've GOT to ace the X-Factor audition.:)

~Sophia Grayce~

This is to help you. I know that this song you posted wasn't meant for the internet and you had other things on your mind. But while singing present the message of your song.

Below is a link to Sugerland STAY in front of all her peers. You can tell that the singer is actually singing to the person the song is about. Like she is saying it in the moment with all of the emotion she would have in that situation.

She is not just singing the song. She is feeling it, living it. She is not thinking about all of the people in front of her. She is not thinking about technique. She is living the song. And you can FEEL it.