New person! Please could you rate my singing?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi there, complete novice here! So I have never sung in front of anyone or had any singing lessons or anything but thought I might like to now. Could you please tell me if I can sing first, and please be honest before I look silly in front of real people :-) I just did a little test and recorded myself singing a bit on my phone and I wasn't listening to the music so it is probably completely out of tune etc etc so sorry about that! I did have a go singing something with a karaoke track on youtube but it was a complete mess because I couldn't really hear the music above my singing so it was out of time and also the words flashing up on the screen were putting me off!. So I deleted that in the end. Quality is not great either as I don't have a microphone but I think you can at least hear my voice.

https://soundcloud.com/orchid13/video-2013-02-06-14-18-26

Thanks

:) I like your tone. The fact that you already have vibrato is a good sign. Most of the people who post for the first time end up whispering the song instead of singing it. You are actually singing it. That is also a good sign.

Sounds like you have pretty good pitch control. :)

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

hi pumpkin13, are you really a novice ? lol

first of all you're not out of tune, you have a beautifull tone, and you use vibrato, if you're saying the truth then you're a very talented novice :rolleyes:

I have some advices, but I'm not a professional what worked for me might not work for you, I'm still learning, but who knows :

I think that you should train your vibrato, and the breathing, try to keep a low larynx, keep yourself relaxed, train your head voice, make it stable and under control, train your chest voice as well, make syrens from chest to head voice and from head to chest,

one thing I did that helped me : go to a desert place( a shore for example) and screaaam scream as loud as you can, as loud as you want, the nature will do the work xD