Don't Look Back (feat. Elisa)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi everybody,

here is a song I wrote for a 17-year old vocalist. I personally think this young lady has a beautiful and very versatile voice and this song is a great fit for her. It took a while to get the vocal harmonies to work. By the way, we didn’t need to use any pitch correcting software. What do you guys think? Feedback and critique is appreciated.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12166955

All the best

Robert

Sounding quite cool Witti. What a nice voice!

My advice is to bring the interpretation work of the first verses to be more consistant like what is happening on the second verses, beginning at 1:10.

Compare those verses with the beginning of the song, the later approach where she comes more soft is much more interesting to hear, and sets a nice contrast with the chorus, not to mention that the phrasing ideas in there are much more compelling too. The beginning is comming a bit linear, dont you think so?

To me sounds quite good, if you guys can figure something on the beginning to catch the attention right away, it will be awesome.

Tell her to send more! :)

Hi Felipe,

thanks for the feedback. I didn't fully understand your issues with the first verse. When we recorded the vocals we started with the first verse. It could be that the vocalist started "feeling" the song as we progressed. Therefore the first verse might sound a bit stiff.

This track is finished. Therefore we won't be tweaking anything anymore.

All the best

Robert

Hi Felipe,

ok, now I got it. I fully agree with you that there are some differences between the first and the second verses in regards to the way she feels the song. But I honestly doubt the standard listener will notice it. Good call. Thanks.

All the best

Robert