New original Tune : When im Down

• TMV World Legacy Member

Freaking awesome, Chavie. Seriously.

And you need to be publishing and releasing. Like, now.

And please take advice from the king of the crappy mix. Before you release this for sale, mix the vocal a litttle more to the front. I don't mean the mix has to be vocal heavy. But a balanced mix is not about all tracks at equal volume levels. It's about the right things in prominence at the right time. You nearly buried yourself in the mix.

So, that's just a stylistic idea on post-recording mixing. Awesome song, awesome voice. You are a rock star. Now, go and be one. Really.

Thanks so much guys!!

My mixing skills are......Bleh lol

i paid a whole bunch of money on studio monitors.....still having no success errgh :(

www.soundclick.com/chavie

I've read some books on recording and the all mention investing good money in near-field studio monitors. And that can be good. Just remember that most people are not listening to music as an output from a recording console or computer into monitors. They are listening to it on computer speakers or headphones jacked into USB. Or an ipod, either through earphones or docking station that has speakers. Or, on their smartphone. Highest tech they might get is the cd player in the car. I would try and mix to those, though I am not always successful, as you can tell.

:lol:

:) If you still have access to the original mix pump up the vocals a little. I would love to hear what you are singing about. From what I can hear it sounds pretty good.

Don't let the guitar player or Drummer be responsible for the final mix. We need to hear the singer. :P

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

:) If you still have access to the original mix pump up the vocals a little. I would love to hear what you are singing about. From what I can hear it sounds pretty good.

Don't let the guitar player or Drummer be responsible for the final mix. We need to hear the singer. :P

Well im both the singer and guitarist lol....so i kind of have an inner conflict lol

im going to try mixing on some crappy speaks and see what happens....ive heard some pros use old boom boxs to mix t

www.soundclick.com/chavie

Awesome singing! Still needs to come up some. The singing should be at least as sonically loud as the guitars.

I can hear the words clear this time. :) I like the song.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."