"Make a Man Out of You" - From the Disney Movie Mulan

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey people!

Here comes my 2nd song attempt, it's a disney song so it's very theatrical.

Take a listen if you have the time, and I would love a comment aswell. Constructive criticism appreciated!

Cheers!

Hey Mivke, I think its sounding ok man. But I feel it could be better.

The approach on the song, in my opinion, would take more advantage of your tone if you brought it more strong and deep, as if issuing orders, and also relaxing more and taking more advantage of dynamics. Your voice sounds open like this, but I still think you could relax a bit more and let it be even more forward and strong.

I like what you did with the interlude towards the end. Sounding quite nice there.

On the verses, more attention with timming, and also pitch. Maybe a previous addiction? Map the whole thing on the guitar ;).

And then, to me the least important, but I think it should be mentioned, the lower "you", and the one that is in the passagio. I heard them kinda "in between" head and chest. The one near the passagio specially. My advice, choose one and go for it, I would use chest in there, no doubts, so just support and go strong.

The later ones, had the right intention of register, but it did not come so well, more work on head is necessary I think, the focus spread too much. OO is tricky, needs to be placed high and forward and will try to sink it down backwards.

Hope its helpfull, not an easy song, but the evolution in the voice to me is obvious, keep working and studying! :)

• TMV World Legacy Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I agree with everything :-P there may have to be a final final version of it, hehe.

When you say "issuing orders" do you mean still forward but darker?