Hallelujah

• TMV World Legacy Member

I decided to give this a shot. Let me know what you think. Good or Bad, It is what it is.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12218517&q=hi&newref=1

Will only be online for a short time.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

Thank you for not trying to sound like Jeff Buckley. Everyone tries that and it's refreshing to hear someone sing it differently. Especially with the syncopated swing you put in this. It made me think of Hank Williams (Sr.) This is how he would have done it. Yes, you may take that as a compliment.

Pitch was good, volume was even throughout. I could totally imagine being in a kicker bar and a crowd of inebriated rednecks singing along. If I were you, I would keep this for just such an occasion.

This was an authentic cover. Not just sounding like someone else's version. Good job, MDEW.

Thanks Ronws. I was and am ready to defend not sounding like Buckley. There is also Cale and K.D Lange and Leonard himself who made this big. Not to mention Bon Jovi. and the millions who used it to get on "Idol" and "X Factor"

I listened to a lot of different singers on Youtube took what I liked about each. I expected it to sound more "Hokey" coming from me but I kind of like it. I started thinking about doing this as a lark, See how bad it sounded for me to try a song like this.

Still I hope to get some pointers for what I am doing wrong. It is far from being a contender for Buckley.

#4 on soundclick cover charts. Doesn't mean a lot but someone is listening.

Let me know what I need to do make things better.