Dramatic delivery for an original number full of angst

• TMV World Legacy Member

You Haven't Been Yourself

As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

My delivery on this was inspired by some of Robert Lunte's more dramatic sounding work which he posts here, and also recently I have been listening to Ramin Karimloo and some other good musical theatre singers.

George

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

That was great, George. I could hear shades of Moody Blues in there, too. Really, you should be making an album.

And for all you guys here who "think" you are prog - if you're not commenting on this, then you just don't know prog.

There, that's my tough love for the day.

Bravo, George.

Many thanks Ron. Yes, I agree it is definitely prog. You can tell because it starts with cello solo which always a give-away.

Please listen again... I just updated the mix and chanegd the earlier link, I've now done the whole length of the song.

Link repeated here:

I have a few more things to do before it's finished, such as adding harmony to the choruses ("it's ringing in my brain now...").

George

George can often be found playing electric stringy things, and singing... [url=https://soundcloud.com/george-williams-8]and then this happens[/url]

Dude, that is epic. Especially with the prose ala "Nights in White Satin," near the end. Really, this is a good song and you should do something with it besides sharing it with a few of us.

Ron, MDEM - thanks.

It isn't finished yet. It's hardly commercial material, so I'm not sure what we'd do with it.

It's hardly commercial material

Yes, it is, actually. Consider this me disagreeing with you on that.

Don't make me swim across the Pond and tell you crappy Aggie jokes until you relent and do something about this song.

Backstroke, I can last forever.

Although, one of my bosses sometimes flies to London, just for grins and giggles. Maybe I will have him give you a good "talking to." He can be persuasive.

I must say, this was very interesting. (I heard it last week, actually, but didn't get to comment on it at the time. It seems to be gone now) It was a bit of a whimsical audio journey. Very well done.

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

Evidently, there aren't as many people here who appreciate prog as much as even I do and I'm more into Led Zep than prog.

I guess the mentions of James LaBrie and others like him is just lip service.

Then, again, I did get into some old school prog. I used to do a few songs by Jethro Tull.

Ah, it's back now, so I gave it another listen. The lyrics are great, too. They're far from trite, which makes it even more "personal".

I've never been skydiving, but I've zoomed in on Google Earth really, really fast.

This is very good. Really enjoyed it :) Lyrics, playing, tune, everything. I haven't really got any constructive criticism I'm afaid because it's way beyond what I can do and is very different in style to anything I play or listen to, but I figured I'd let you know I'm giving it a big thumbs up!:cool: